Health Discovery Network
Gillie

Tater Tot Casserole?

I've looked all over this section and can't find the recipe. Does anyone have it? I know it was talked about to death for awhile embarrassed.gif so I can't believe I don't have it. Thanks in advance!

Weight loss to date: -78lbs.<br />Pounds to go: 35!

TATER TOT CASSEROLE

1 pd lean ground beef (7%fat)

1 chopped onion,

1 can cream of mushroom soup (98%FF),

1 can cream of chicken soup (98%FF),

72 onion flavored tater tots (frozen)

1 cup "light" cheddar cheese (shredded)

Heat oven 350. Spray 9x13 dish. Place tater tots on bottom of dish. Brown beef and onion in large skillet (drain off excess liquid), mix in soups. Mix well. Spread mixture on top of tater tots. Sprinkle cheese on top. Bake 40 minutes.

12 servings..5 points

8 servings..7 points

220/157/147<br />Past/Present/Future

This one sure sounds good also. Thanks...Karyn wave.gif wave.gif

Joined WW at 163 - 1 Jul 02<br />Made goal at 140 - 30 Sep 02<br />138 - 21 Oct 02<br />137.5 - 28 Oct<br />Lifetime: 137 - 4 Nov<br />14 Nov: 136.5<br />1 Aug: 140; 1 Sep: 135, Mar 04: 131,Apr04 - 126.5

My DH would love this. Can't wait to try it out! Thanks much!

Lori

start 208

current 193

goal ww 158

goal personal 148

highest 242

"Don't tell God how big the storm is, instead tell the storm how big your God is."

My standard recipe for tator tot casserole includes a bag (16oz) of frozen mixed veggies. I have also used a bag of California Blend and it's great. I never thought of being able to have this OP, it's a favorite around here.

Remember, we're all in this together...I'm pulling for you!

Red Green

~~~

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak Kindly. Leave the rest to God

~~~

-30!

I finally got around to making this and it was a hit with my family. I wish it was lower in points though thumbup.gif

redhed933<br />SW:237.2<br />recommited 05/25/04<br />sw:221<br />cw:215<br />GW:147

Yum does this ever sound good!! I can't wait to try it, and so easy. My kind of recipe after a long day at work. Thanks!!

Lori ;)

100lbs gone on 6-16-06

SW 284.6/CW 174.4/WWGW 150/PGW 135

110.2 lbs Gone Forever!!!!

Intentions make all the difference. Being mindful and attentive to your inner state is key to making outward changes that matter and last.

Made this the other night & it was a hit. I'll definitely make it again. What a yummy & easy recipe!

Lori

start 208

current 193

goal ww 158

goal personal 148

highest 242

"Don't tell God how big the storm is, instead tell the storm how big your God is."

I made this last night and DH was asking for seconds before he touched anything else on his plate! I had to tell the kids to save me one square(I cut it into 8). I also used hashbrowns with onions and green peppers in it instead of tator tots. Very Yummy. A definite repeat soon.

Thanks for the recipe.

Lori smile.gif

100lbs gone on 6-16-06

Intentions make all the difference. Being mindful and attentive to your inner state is key to making outward changes that matter and last.

I was wondering if I would be able to partially prepare this and bake it the next day? I was planning on browning the beef/mixing the soups and putting it all togther in the baking dish and then refrigerating it til the next day so it would be done sooner... I get home from work late and am having company...what do you think? will it still be as tasty?

I tried this recipe last week and forgot to come back and post a report. Duh! This is a keeper at our house too. I subbed TVP for the gr. beef and I used the recipe for make-ahead-mixes that I found on the board also for a can of the 98% FF Chicken soup, which I discovered I didn't have. It all worked well and tasted great! That substitution for the 98% FF soup is great -- and it keeps on the shelf -- and is mucho cheaper than the soup at the store! I'll be using this again too. As close as I can tell, it comes to 1.22 pts. per can and it makes 9 cans.

JeanetteSki

I made this last night and it was wonderful. One of those comfort type foods for me. DH went back for seconds. It's a keeper, and with a salad or vegie on the side. I don't think that 7 points is that high for dinner. The portions were big.

Becky

"Every moment is an opportunity to succeed."

This sounds sooo yummy!! I'm going to have to make this soon. I think I'm going to try it with the hash browns though...anything to make it more point friendly. smile.gif Thanks for sharing everyone. :D

SW 260<br />CW 262<br />GW 135<br />"If the frog had wings...he wouldn't have bumped his a**"

Guest GingerIsMyPuppy

I desparately needed a new recipe for dinner. Thanks so much. We will be having this one soon!

Bumping this up for dinner! I forgot about it and its a family favorite. smile.gif

Lori

100lbs gone on 6-16-06

Nancy - yes this can be made up ahead of time and baked the next day, I do that frequently. My recipe is a little different.

1 pound lean ground beef (4% fat)

1 can green beans (undrained)

1 can 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup

about 1/2 can of water to mix soup

1/2 bag of Ore Ida tater tots

bake at 350 for 45minutes to an hour covered, add slices of velveeta cheese bake again until cheese is melted and serve. I am not sure how many points this one is. I have the leftovers for lunch at work!

Sharisse :)

HPrepregW 213.2

PrePregW 206.8

Highest Preg W 218.4

CW 171.2

Height 5'4"

www.picturetrail.com/reser

Guest purecheez

I used half the tater tots (36) and then the other half hash browns. I used real cheese, an italian cheese blend that has a good flavor. By doing half/half the pieces were 5.75 (6) cutting it into 8 pieces. Pretty darn good.

I love this dish. It is yummy and easy to make. Thanks so much!!:)

Heather

SW 4/29/06 189.8

2006 is the year!;)

Guest PhatLady

Another hit in our household. I really appreciate the buddies that take the time to share their recipes! :) It was delish!

This sounds great and I want to make it for a special dinner for DBF tomorrow night.. couple questions though...

1.) What is the point difference if I use hash browns instead of tater tots? (I'll be cutting it into 8 servings)

2.) How much of the hash browns do I use? (btw.. are we talking about the shredded ones??)

I want this dinner to be special... I'm trying to kick start our relationship.. add a bit more romance! That's my only reason for askin the questions... otherwise I'd just experiment!

Thanks in Advance!!!

:p Dani :p

SW: 228.5 lbs :mad: (09/01/07)

WW SW: 220.5 (10/12/07)

CW: 213.0 (11/09/07)

1st 10%: 198.5

GW: 140 lbs:D

Lost so far: 15.5 lbs!!

Guest Blaze

WOW!! I cooked this for dinner and it is delicous!! My DH even went back for seconds. I also used the hashbrowns vs the tater tots.