Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
Guest R2L

Pork with Cranberry Mustard Sauce

Guest R2L

Hi All,

I normally don't cook much but decided to share a new recipe that I tried today. First of all, after surfing the Internet I discovered that pork today is much leaner than years ago. Basically I cooked a pork loin roast and made the following sauce:

2/3 cup dry white wine

2/3 cup chicken broth

3 T Dijon mustard

1.5 tsp cornstarch

1.t T water

1/2 cup Craisins - dried cranberries

1/4 cup sliced green onions (green part only)

Add wine, chicken broth and mustard to skillet, combine cornstarch and water in a small bowl. Stir into skillet, add Craisins and chopped green onions. Boil 1-2 minutes until sauce thickens.

You can lightly flour the pork slices and brown in the skillet, remove pork and then make sauce above in the same pan.

Note: You can substitute the pork with chicken.

1/4 cup sauce - 1 point

4 ounces of pork - 5 points

Enjoy!

Thanks, made it tonight and my family loved it. Will fix the guys sandwiches tomorrow for lunch with the leftovers. bcbsalute.gif

Your CA buddySharon/Parklady Life time: 7-24- 01 Lost 42.2 #**********************************"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice." **********************************