Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
Paris Madeleine

Maple-Mustard Pork w/ Apples

I posted this over in 100+ (because it is what I am making for supper tonight!) and I thought other buddies might find it tasty. I am using pork loin chops instead of the tenderloin though.

Maple-Mustard Pork Tenderloin w/ Apples

Prep: 21 minutes Cook: 25 minutes

2 (3/4 pounds) pork tenderloins

Cooking spray

3 tbsp Dijon mustard

6 tbsp maple syrup divided

1 tbsp chopped rosemary or 1 tsp dried

1/2 tsp salt

1/4 tsp black pepper

4 granny smith apples, peeled & thinly sliced

Rosemary sprigs, optional

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees

2. Trim fat from pork. Place pork on a broiler pan with cooking spray. Combine mustard, 2 tbsp syrup, chopped rosemary, salt, pepper in a small bowl; brush over pork. Bake at 425 for 25 minutes.

3. Place a nonstick skillet coated w/ cooking spray over medium-high heat until hot. Add apples and saute 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low, add 4 tbsp syrup and simmer 12 minutes. Cut pork crossswise and pour apples over pork. Garnish with rosemary if desired.

Yields 6 servings (3 oz pork, 1/2 cup apples.)

Calories: 261

Fat: 5.1

Fiber: 2

I got the recipe from the Complete Cooking Light Cookbook, page 335.

273.8/266.8/164

restart 1 November 14

Guest szten

I am wondering if you were able to use sugar free syrup and would that possibly make the points lower?

Szten, if you use sf syrup the points would definately go down as 6 of the points are for the maple syrup (1 pt per tbsp).

I am not a big fan of the SF stuff so I just used 2 tbsp real maple syrup when I made it and it worked out great.

273.8/266.8/164

restart 1 November 14

I experimented with this one tonight using a pork loin chop instead of a whole tenderloin and subbing a grainy mustard for the Dijon. The mustard to maple ratio was more like 4:2 because the grainy was less strong. I also did not use the apple.

I seared the pork off over a high flame and then finished it off in the oven with the sauce poured over it. The result was delish! I paired it with steamed green beans and roasted new potatoes with garlic. Pictures can be seen here.

273.8/266.8/164

restart 1 November 14