Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
WayDownSouth

The Easiest Best Roast

I normally do not cook with beef,my DH is a big hunter and we usually eat Venison

Venison is a very lean meat and has almost no fat

The roasts are particularly very lean and if not cooked right will be very tough.I learned how to cook the roast without making it fatty.I have also cooked a beef roast the same way.They both turned out just wonderful.

All you do is:

Place your roast in a glass dish that has a lid.

Using Mrs.Dash (red top)sprinkle on top of roast.

until pretty much covered. (about 2 Tbl.)

Pour 2 cans 98%FF Cream of Mushroom over the top.Cover with lid and roast in oven

200degree for about 5 hrs.

About 4 points for 2" slice of roast

K.<br />*******************************<br />The race is not to the fastest<br /><br />and not just the winner<br /><br />But the Finisher!!!!!!!<br />#################<br /> SW/168<br />WWG10%/149<br /> CW/156<br /> PGW/135<br />#################<br />SERIOUS ABOUT SUMMER<br />CHALLENGE<br />SW:156<br />Week 1-April 12th .5lbs loss 155.5<br />Week 2-April 19th<br />Week 3-April 26th<br />Week 4- May 3rd<br />Week 5- May 10th<br />Week 6- May 17th<br />Week 7- May 24th<br />Week 8- May 31st<br />_ _ _ _ __ _ _ _ _<br />SHORT TERM GOAL;<br />EASTER CHALLENGE:<br />LOOSE 5 LBS BY EASTER:<br />COUNTDOWN TO 150:<br />LONG TERM;<br />SWIMSUITE CHALLENGE:<br />15 LBS BY JULY<br />PETITES CHALLENGE:<br />PERSONAL GOAL OF 130

That sounds good. Do you have any other venison recipes? I usually just make it like swiss steak.

Thanks

Tam

TBONE<br />*** *** *** ***<br />Do what you say, say what you mean.<br /> The Fix<br />Ya Ya Name<br />Viscountess Quick Rabbit <br /> <br />GW Size 8 Petite, Loosely! <br /><br />My Personal Goal: Lose inches, exercise 3-4 days a week and be HAPPY with who I am!

T-Bone.

I use venison in chili, spaghetti, soups. When I cook a roast in the oven I use a lot of garlic and onions. Hubby made a roast this past weekend. He took a sheet of heavy duty foil. He rub it down with lemon juice and then sprinkled a whole package of Lipton Onion Soup Mix. Closed the foil and cooked it on the grill for about 1 hour. It was really good. The soup made a gravy.

Kelly

BE TRUE TO YOUR SELF.

SW 187.5/CW 145/GW 137

Wk 2 -2.6

Wk 3 -2

Wk 4 - .2

Wk 5 -2

Wk 6 -1

Wk 7 +1.8

Wk 8 -1

Wk 9 -1

Wk 10 +.6

Week 11 -.6

Week 12 -1

Week 13 Missed Meeting

WoW That Grill recipie sounds Yummy,My DH normally does all the grilling...

We normally try to cook up our deer pretty fast and I love having fresh recipies to try..

We also butcher a calf once a year and I dont cook much with the beef,steaks,steaks,steaks,Thats what is in my freezer...I like ground beef better easier to cook with but I am willing to try ANYTHING new with steak....

K.<br />*******************************<br />The race is not to the fastest<br /><br />and not just the winner<br /><br />But the Finisher!!!!!!!<br />#################<br /> SW/168<br />WWG10%/149<br /> CW/156<br /> PGW/135<br />#################<br />SERIOUS ABOUT SUMMER<br />CHALLENGE<br />SW:156<br />Week 1-April 12th .5lbs loss 155.5<br />Week 2-April 19th<br />Week 3-April 26th<br />Week 4- May 3rd<br />Week 5- May 10th<br />Week 6- May 17th<br />Week 7- May 24th<br />Week 8- May 31st<br />_ _ _ _ __ _ _ _ _<br />SHORT TERM GOAL;<br />EASTER CHALLENGE:<br />LOOSE 5 LBS BY EASTER:<br />COUNTDOWN TO 150:<br />LONG TERM;<br />SWIMSUITE CHALLENGE:<br />15 LBS BY JULY<br />PETITES CHALLENGE:<br />PERSONAL GOAL OF 130

yea! We eat venison too. I figure for all the beef recipes I see, I'll just replace with venison. smile.gif Great recipe can't wait to try it out. smile.gif

BW200/CW191/GW145<br /> ***<br /> BS18/CS16/GS8