Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
rotnkid

Looking for an Eggplant & Beef Recipe

There was an old weight watchers recipe that called for eggplant, ground beef and I think tomato sauce as the main ingredients. Anybody happen to have a recipe that sounds like this. I'd appreciate it. kiss.gif

176.2/125/ww141/mine125<br />Maintaining my goal since 7/27/02 and forever!!!!!!!

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for but here's a Beef Mousaka recipe that might be good? I haven't tried it yet!

1 medium eggplant(s), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices

1 tsp table salt

1 Tbsp vegetable oil

1 pound lean ground beef

1 small onion(s), chopped

1 medium garlic clove(s), finely chopped

8 oz canned tomato sauce

1/3 cup wine, red

1 tsp dried parsley

1/8 tsp dried oregano

1/8 tsp ground cinnamon

1 large egg white(s), beaten

1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Instructions

Preheat oven to 350ºF. Place eggplant slices in a colander; sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and let stand 15 minutes.

Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; sauté eggplant until lightly browned, about 1 1/2 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels; set aside.

In the same skillet, sauté beef, onion and garlic until beef is brown and onion is tender, about 4 minutes; drain off fat. Stir in 1/2 cup of tomato sauce, wine, parsley, remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt, oregano and cinnamon; simmer for 10 minutes.

Stir 1/4 cup of beef mixture into egg white; return to skillet, mix well. Cook 1 minute.

Pour remaining 1/2 cup of tomato sauce into bottom of 9 X 13-inch baking dish. Place 1/2 of eggplant slices on top of sauce, then spoon on beef mixture; top with remaining eggplant slices and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake until cheese is browned and bubbly, about 30 minutes. Slice into 6 pieces and serve.

Serves | 6

POINTS per serving | 6

Weight loss to date: -78lbs.<br />Pounds to go: 35!

Thanks Gillie! It sounds real good. I love Moussaka. I'll give it a try.

176.2/125/ww141/mine125<br />Maintaining my goal since 7/27/02 and forever!!!!!!!

Let me know how it turns out! It's been in my cooking binder for awhile now :rolleyes:

Weight loss to date: -78lbs.<br />Pounds to go: 35!