Health Discovery Network
bluffview

Beef & Noodles- 4 pts/ cup

This was a hit at my house! I loved that it didn't require the oven & was quick & easy to prepare.

1 lb lean ground beef

1 med finely chopped onion

1 med finely chopped green bell pepper

4 c reduced-sodium tomato juice

1/2 t salt

1/2 t black pepper

1 t curry powder

1 (6 oz) pkg fine no-yolk type egg noodles

freshly grated parmesan cheese for garnish

In Dutch oven, combine beef, onion & green pepper & cook 8-10 min on med until beef is no longer pink & vegetables are softened. Drain. add tomato juice, salt, black pepper & curry powder; bring to boil. Reduce heat to low & add noodles, making sure to cover them w/ liquid. Mix well. Cook 10 min or until noodles are tender & most of liquid is absorbed. Stir often. Garnish each serving w/cheese.

Per cup- 244 calories, 3 g fat, 3 g fiber-----4 pts

Lori

start 208

current 193

goal ww 158

goal personal 148

highest 242

"Don't tell God how big the storm is, instead tell the storm how big your God is."

I made this last night for my DH to eat before leaving to work his twelve hour night shift. I used homemade salsa instead of tomato juice and ground venison instead of ground beef. It was so GOOD! I think it probably was less than 4 points per cup since I used venison instead of beef. This recipe is a keeper! thumbup.gif

started WW:3/14/02 Made goal:6/22/03 Total:83 lbs

sw/wwgw/cw

234/155/152

started ww:3/14/02 goal:6/23/03 Lifetime:8/04/03<br />sw/wwgw/cw<br />234/155/148.5

I made this last night for my DH to eat before leaving to work his twelve hour night shift. I used homemade salsa instead of tomato juice and ground venison instead of ground beef. It was so GOOD! I think it probably was less than 4 points per cup since I used venison instead of beef. This recipe is a keeper! thumbup.gif

started WW:3/14/02 Made goal:6/22/03 Total:83 lbs

sw/wwgw/cw

234/155/152

started ww:3/14/02 goal:6/23/03 Lifetime:8/04/03<br />sw/wwgw/cw<br />234/155/148.5

Oops! I am not sure what I am doing that causes me to double post. crazy.gif

if this recipe is made with reg ground beef how many points do I add??

Thanks

stacey

Recommited 2-13-04<br />sw 185<br />cw 176<br />goal 140

I made this dish for dinner tonight, and we were very pleased. I used Picante V-8 instead of regular tomato juice, but made no other changes. I found that the entire recipe made about 7 cups, total. I agree - definitely a keeper.

My DH of near 25 years and I went on WW together at the end of March this year, and have each lost just under 20 lb so far, with the help of great recipes like this. Many thanks!

Keri C

HW 315. Restart 276.4 at 8-19-10 .:bcb_kick:

SW 276.4; CW 276.4; WWG 175; PG 162 :bcbkickbu