Health Discovery Network

I hope everyone here is enjoying the refreshing thoughts of a new year. :bcb_smile I have some exciting(?) news!

We have not done many recent site updates here at Health Discovery. Kind of a long story...

However, with the new year upon us, and a new decade - I thought it would be a good time for something, uh, new! I'll kick it off with a quick list of things from the top of my head that you can expect.

- Entire Website Overhaul

- New Back-end Software

- Updated Group Structuring

- Updated Articles Section

- Updated Recipes Section

- Plus more....

It's really too much to put into words, but soon you will be able to see and interact for yourself.

This update is completely focused on improving community experience. If you have ANYTHING that you feel would improve your experience here, let me know so I can try to include in the design process.

It may take a while for everything to come together. I am currently testing the new software, and I think everyone is going to like it. Here's a sneak peak at what I am looking at right now (if the picture will post)

**Picture wouldn't post, and I lost the contents of this thread twice while trying to complete it...**

:derp

Here's a manual upload... PREVIEW.jpg

So yea, really looking forward to the update. The new software has working image paste, and even drag/drop.

I will post more information as we progress, and answer any questions along the way.:bcb_smile

Happy New Year!

Jason

That's exciting news, Jason. Thank you.

Ann

SW: 158.6 Dec 2010

G.W. 137

C.W. 125, Dec. 7, 2018

Jason, u are mahhhvelous! And so appreciated. Thank u so much!!!

J O A N

One of the happiest moments is when u find the courage to let go of what u cannot change

Thank you, Jason, for all you do! Much appreciated!

(Sherri

Oh, Jason, that looks so much better. Thank you. If you haven't figured out this is a major heartbeat in this body of friends. Thanks, again.

Liz W

The preview looks cool, streamlined and modern. Cant wait. Is it done yet? LOL

Cant wait. Is it done yet? LOL

:bcb_LOL: Still working on it, but I know, already long overdue. It's going to be a breath of fresh air. Already is on this end.

I just finished moving the articles into the new system. Glad I am not the only one who can add them now :bcb_wink3

Here's another peak at progress.

newsitepreview01.jpg

Jason

It's going to be great. Thanks, Jason.

Ann

G.W. 137

C.W. 125, Dec. 7, 2018

Jason, went to log on tonight and my heart sank as I thought you shut the sight down; I'm glad that's not the case and very excited to see what you will be doing. I'll have to get our little group back on here, some of the ladies have died, others have gotten sickly or we've moved on because it ended up being only two of us.. however, 3 of us stay in contact.. maybe we could get the Christian group up and running again?

SW 330.0 lbs

1/28/2020 236.2

(Total loss 93.8)

Food was my anxiety drug.. before God became my EVERYTHING! He's my.. Helper, Comforter, Advocate, Intercessor, Counselor, Strengthener, and on Standby 24/7!!! John 14:16 (Amp)

Sorry about that! There was a little glitch in the matrix when I accidentally clicked "save" to a change I wasn't ready for. I quickly reverted it, but it still kicked everyone off the forums for a second.

The new forums are up and running! As well as the new groups area!

Please explore and get familiar with them. We will be shutting down this old board in a couple weeks or so.

Jason

It's going to be a bit of a learning curve, but I think it will be good once we get used to it. I did find my regular group board, but it wouldn't allow me to post yet. Said I didn't have permission? I'm not sure what that's all about. I did see that we will once again be able to post photos directly from our camera rolls, so a lot of people are going to be happy about that.

Thanks, Jason.

Ann

G.W. 137

C.W. 125, Dec. 7, 2018

Sorry, I had to take them back down for now.

There were some issues with the migration. I had let it run last night and didn't notice until just now. There appears to be a couple weeks of missing posts, and the avatars didn't transfer.

I'll give it another go this evening.

I do expect a little learning curve... we've been using our current software for over 10 years! The new software feels very intuitive though. I think those that managed to get a hang of things here, will have zero problem on the new platform.

Keep on keeping on here for today. Will let you all know how things are going. I do expect to lose maybe a couple of posts, but not weeks worth. So just be aware.

Jason

Thanks Jason. People will have to have some patience during the transition. I think the new board is going to be awesome.

Ann

G.W. 137

C.W. 125, Dec. 7, 2018