Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
cybergranny

Looking for old friends

Hello everyone. My name is Barbara and on this board, I am known as cybergranny. It has probably been 15 years since I have been on this site. I have missed so many people but I became overwhelmed with some things that were going on and rather than to stick it out I just left and never came back. It didn't really have anything to do with the people here, but more, the people in my life and the problems they caused. 

Since I was involved here I found the faith I had lost and that helped me tremendously through some of the most tragic things a human being can go through. I found a way of letting other people know that I can do so much to help them through situations I have been through and that helped me as well. I have always carried Boot Camp Buddies and my experience here with me and it always makes me smile so I wanted you to know if any of you are still around that were here 'back in the day' that I have done well by taking my own advice.

I had written an post about A word (or 500!) about frustration and was surprised to see that it was still here. I took my own advice and have maintained my weight within 10 pounds of my goal for over 13 years. I will gain a few pounds and kick myself and diligently lose them again. I used to wonder if I would ever in my life end this battle with gaining weight. The answer is no. However, the good news is you can become so aware that it does become easier to take those few pounds off before they become 20, 50, or 100 pounds as they have many times in my past.

I was also known as a 'rambler' on this board so I will get to the point. I wanted to give those of you who are struggling a bit of hope. This is a lifelong journey but it does not have to be a struggle or a fight if you listen to your own body and learn to treat it well. I am 70 years old now and I do not take any pills of any kind. Not even vitamins because if I have deficiency, my doctor and I talk about what I need to add to my diet to fix it and I do. My next lab test is always back on track. So, hang in there buddies and know that the rewards are amazing. 

By the way, my current weight is 145.

Barbara

~~~~~~~~

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cybergranny49/sets/

original starting weight 270

returned to WW Oct. 12, 2005

241.4/142/155

Celebrate what you've accomplished, but raise the bar a little higher each time you succeed.

I remember you!  Congrats on your continued success! You are doing amazingly well!!

Ann

SW: 158.6 Dec 2010

G.W. 137

C.W. 125, Dec. 7, 2018

I too remember you.  Just not a whole lot about you.  I am still on Bootcamp Buddies.  I start, and have started the thread, for many years.  Our numbers are down, but we are a good bunch.  We are known as Delta Force.  Nice to hear from you. 

Clara

Non-smoker since 11-15-01

WW goal..... 120

Personal Goal... 110

CW.... 104... 06/01/20

👋  Hi, I also remember you.  You maintained the recipes I think.  Im glad to see your post.  We all hope you pop in regularly.

Stay safe