Health Discovery Network
Guest willbeethin

Cheese Soup - 1 pt per cup

Ok, I just made a batch of this; the liquid alone comes to 60 oz, and at 8 oz per serving= 7.5 servings. Divided by the cheese (10) points that comes to 1.33333/serving. That is just for the liquid alone! So yes, I'd say it's one point.

So my question is ---to everyone who raved about it, does it taste better the next day?? I'm not so thrilled with it right now. I'll bet next time I use 1/2 the amt of naturally slender american cheese which I like alot. I've not eaten velveeta in years and years. Or maybe it's the broccoli? But I love broccoli; plain and steamed. I haven't made it in a cheese soup before---- I covered the pot while cooking, did you?

I'll try it tomorrow..........:bcb_confu

~Nancy in SJ

HW 152

CW 144

GW 138

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend, inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."

www.englishsetterrescue.org

Just bumping up so it doesn't get lost. It is so good. I like to add salsa and cilantro to it for a mexican kick.

I strive to be the person, my dog thinks I am.

Between Tomorrow's Dream

Yesterday's Regret

Is Today's Opportunity.

wonder how pureeing the veggies and adding those mexican spices would do as a dip for baked tortilla chips?

Guest avocado_grrrl

This was DELICIOUS!!! I made it on Friday night with vegetarian fajitas and my boyfriend was raving about it. Neither he nor I could believe how low in points it is! I have just enough left tonight for dinner and will probably be making another pot of it in the next few days.

Ok...made this for dinner tonight and I was way off thinking it would work as a dip. It is way too thin - almost too thin to even have as soup. How much corn starch did y'all add? The flavor was fabulous, but it really needs to have a little bit of thickness to it. As this could really be a staple in our house (either on or off WW), I'd love to know how to perfect it!

Thanks!!

Thanks for bumping it up. It would be such a comfort food. After I make it I'll see if it is a good baked potato topping since there were comments about how thin it is. How many points is in cornstarch? And where is a reference to points for lite Velvetta? Couldn't find it in the WW book. I have used blenderized tofu as a high protein, low fat thickener and would entertain using that.

marge

SW: 206

GW: 146

CW: 166. 8:bcb_march

40#: 2/5; 45# 4/1; 50# 4/29

weight.png

Guest avocado_grrrl

Bumpity bump :)

Can't lose this one. If I could marry a soup, this would be "The One"

Could this be made with some kind of real, not processed, cheese? Anyone know?

Locavore on Core, eating local, organic farm-fresh foods, avoiding "Frankenfoods," and blogging all about it!

It's probably already been mentioned, but one way to make "thicker" is to use an immersion blender, and puree about 1/2 the soup.

And I think soup ALWAYS tastes better the next day...after flavors have melded~ :bcb_smile:salut

But that doesn't stop me from eating it the first day. :bcb_grin:salut

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

Another question, has anyone tried using Campbell's canned cheese soup? I have a can of it sitting around, I could use it up in this.