Health Discovery Network
vammr130

Zero point soup???

I just printed out the tortilla soup and the oriental soup and can't wait to make them! I love 0 point things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:headover:

My newspaper had an article about chefs and soups yesterday and it seems that Savoy cabbage the crinkled leaf kind has a sweeter milder flavor than the green head kind, and if you cook with cabbage like I sometimes do with making stuffed cabbage, sometimes the cabbage is so sweet and good and other times it's just bland. So this I will try.

~Nancy in SJ

HW 152

CW 144

GW 138

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend, inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."

www.englishsetterrescue.org

Here's a link to my variation. It started with subbing diced tomatoes for the cabbage, and then I went for veggies that freeze well since I freeze the soup.

Tomato Vegetable Soup

Nancy

Original SW 175 (1996)

2008 stats: SW 153.6 12/31/07 ~ HW 156.0 09/15/08 ~ CW 153.2 09/22/08 ~ GW 137 ~ PGW 130

My pictures!

"Good food brings good health and longevity." - Chinese fortune cookie

I always like to add a bag of spinach to my veggie soups but with the recent e-coli outbreak, I won't be doing that for a while "just in case". But it's a great way to thicken up veggie soup with extra nutrition!

"Do", or "Do Not". There is no "Try".

- Yoda, The Empire Strikes Back

Where do you find the recipes for the oriental soup or the chicken tortilla soup? I need a change from the veggie soup.

Look at page 1, posts #7 & #10 of this thread. You'll find the recipes there.

Lisa

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

"How many times must you fall and then get back up before reaching the goal? Do it as many times as it takes." CW

bumping up

Mari

"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."

Galations 6:9

exercise.png

Guest becky_g

Bumping up! There's some good stuff here.

Guest diannelee

Would this be on the edge of the Dolly Parton soup? I have had that and is good never thought it would be 0 points. I will go for this and hope will curb my stomach when a low in the day.

Guest jencredible

I'm new to WW and still in my first week, but I am becoming a soup fiend and am eagerly awaiting making and trying my first zero point soup! Thanks so much everyone!

I made the original recipe (found in the book from the first meeting) last weekend and it's very good. Along with the cabbage I added some fresh spinach, washed and sliced.

Tish

Onward and Downward

Bump!

This is an awesome list:bcb_grin

251.6/235.4/229 Getting Back on track and sticking to it! :exercise2

"If I have lost confidence in myself, I have the universe against me." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Speaking of Zero Point Soup - this thread has some fantastic recipes - and just shows how many variations there can be! :)

Seems like a good time to bump it, with fresh produce just around the corner . . .

Rose

HW:175

WW Goal: 136

Below WW Goal since Dec. 2006

Personal Goal: 118-123

CW: 120.0 (11/18/08)

BMI: 21.8

"Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice." Wayne Dyer

I had a really great WW consultant who told us to use fresh food, not the bagged stuff, unless you are really strict on time. How long does it take to slice some cabbage using a good sharp knife? Certainly less time than opening a bag of cabbage that you have to wash and spin dry before using. Yes folks, you should wash those bagged foods. They are handled by many hands prior to coming into your kitchen. With fresh cabbage, I always remove the outer leaves and then run under cold water prior to cutting. We need to be alert to washing most things these days. I love the zero point soups.....I make them up and freeze in serving portions, so that I have them on days I feel like slipping back.