Broc./Cauli./Cheese Soup - 1 pt.!

Hi Kel,

It freezes like a champ!!

Diane

Diane

237 - 1/3/6

198.8 - 12/30/08

"Live each day as if it's the BEST day of your life!"

Wonder how fat free cream cheese and a bit of salsa would be in this....?

Remember, we're all in this together...I'm pulling for you!

Red Green

~~~

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak Kindly. Leave the rest to God

~~~

-30!

Guest Minnesota

Hi Kansaslaura:

I suppose you'd have to add a point for the cream cheese, but the salsa idea sounds delicious (and shouldn't add points).

Another recipe posted has "Ro*Tel" added (diced tomatoes & green chiles). Here is this recipe:

1 Point Veggie/Cheese Soup

3 cans 98% fat free chicken broth

2 lbs frozen vegs (I like the California mix)

1 can Rotel

10 oz. Velveeta light

In a large pot cook vegs, and Ro-tel in chicken broth for about 45 mins. At this point I take out about a cup of vegs and mash really well with a fork, return to pot (this helps to thicken the whole thing). Remove from stove ....then cube the cheese and stir in the hot mixture.

10 servings: 1 point per serving

Guest SuzyQ99

Made this for dinner again tonight :)

YUM YUM!! Two bowls of soup, one 3 oz baked potato and a 2 oz serving of shrimp... such a filling dinner...

Hard to believe it was only 4 points :)

:D :D :D

OK everyone, help me out. I don't wish to appear stupid but I have never heard of chicken granules. Is it the same as boullion only smaller? I also don't know what Ro-tel is. Guess I better get out more often.

Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7<br />SW199<br />GW 175<br />CW 172<br />PG 155<br />Made lifetime Jan 23, 2002 but due to many stresses and bad eating habits I am now back up to 172 from 155. I am working on it.<br />YA YA Name: Countess Whispering Thunder

Ok I'm like "Didit" in that I'm not sure what chicken granules are? Can you use chicken Flavored base instead? And even as I total points for this stuff it would raise it to 120 calories for 6 tsp. :eek: guess I better learn to use this other stuff your talking about...chicken granules?

SW 330.0 lbs

1/28/2020 236.2

(Total loss 93.8)

Food was my anxiety drug.. before God became my EVERYTHING! He's my.. Helper, Comforter, Advocate, Intercessor, Counselor, Strengthener, and on Standby 24/7!!! John 14:16 (Amp)

Hi, I make this soup all the time and everyone who

has tried it has loved it!! They can't believe its ww. This soup is so filling I love the idea

of pouring it over a banked potato, can't wait to

try it! If you like these ingredients this is a

must have recipe!!

:eek:

STARTING WEIGHT 2/28/02 173LBS CW 134-LBS GOAL 130LBS TOTAL 36LBS

Guest SuzyQ99

peacelily and didit:

As far as chicken granules are concerned... i just don't deal with them!! Too much effort... it's much easier to pour in two cans of low sodium ff chicken/veggie broth and not worry about it!!

Will try the Rotel recipe next.. I was thinking subbing the cream cheese for the Velveeta in the first one.. would have to refigure pts on that one. I made the first one and it's wonderful! Anndddd sooooo filling!! Thanks buddies! wave.gif

Remember, we're all in this together...I'm pulling for you!

Red Green

~~~

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak Kindly. Leave the rest to God

~~~

-30!

Guest Zurichnee

This looks wonderful! For the fellow canadians who sub. cheese whiz...how much did you use? A cup and a half? How many light cheese slices do you think would work?

KIm

OH, I tried this soup tonight..yummy...I used just broccoli since hubby and I didn't want other veggies in it...and also used can of ff chicken broth in place of the chicken granules..plus I used whole onions that I sauteed on side instead of the dehydrated onions...I really thought I would miss the cream sauce in this, but it was just wonderful..for 1 pt. especially. Thanks for the recipe.

Gayle

Now HERE is a definate variation. My mom and I are desperately trying to eat everything in our freezer so I got out 1pt bowl of this soup and dumped in 2pts worth of canned lf salmon. Stirred it together and I had Chowder!

Next time I might even make the cheese soup with the salmon added and choose some veggies that go more with salmon( of course I would refigure the pts accordingly!)

Its worth every ounce of determination and self-discipline required to make this a lifestyle!

Highest weight:258

Current weight: 158

Guest kamperstampr

I also love this soup as does my picky eater husband. But I put in 1 cup of medium salsa to give it some kick. I add it when I put in the cheese. Try it. Good stuff.

Guest WCFD52

Bumping up - great for the cool Fall weather that's coming our way. Love this soup every time!!

Shannon bcbsalute.gif

You all convinced me to try this recipe this week! With the weather getting colder here, this will be a great way to warm up. Thanks alot!!! :D

Lori wave.gif

100lbs gone on 6-16-06

SW 284.6/CW 174.4/WWGW 150/PGW 135

110.2 lbs Gone Forever!!!!

Intentions make all the difference. Being mindful and attentive to your inner state is key to making outward changes that matter and last.

Guest aschulma1

This looks good,, I love Velvita and veggies thumbup.gif

Zur, if they are using 10oz. of lite Velvetta, then I think 10 slices of lowfat cheese will work. If each slice is 1pt. then the points would be the same. Use american cheese though. Not cheddar, I think it would taste better. Scary to think Velvetta is only in the states. Makes a person wonder why??? Just kidding. I like this soup also but use the whole 16oz. of Velvetta light and just increase the liquid to make 16 servings, or 16 cups. Then I have no waste and it still comes out to 1point per serving.

Guest murph**

This soup sounds delicious! I'm going to try and make tomorrow but I'm in Canada also and am wondering how much light cheese whiz you measure into the soup or cheese slices and are the slices light?or fatfree?

:confused:

Christie

Sounds great! Will surely try this one. Thanks for sharing.

Jill~~

Reputation is what men and women think of us. Character is what God and the angels know of us.

Hi everybody - I wanted to make soup and I tried this. You are all right - it is very good for 1 point a cup. I like my soup a little thicker - if I add a little flour/water mixture - will it change the points? Has anyone tried making it thicker? cornstarch? thanks in advance!

I'm back and ready to go!!!!<br />Valentines Day Challenge - 15 lbs<br />2 lbs so far

I just made this for lunch-I am stuffed! It tastes just like the soup I used to get at Coco's.

Delish! :D

Julia

SW177/CW131/GW144

I've made the broccoli soup from the WW. big cookbook (no cheese) because the cheese is so pricey here. I loved it.

Ashlee

Be the change that you want to be.

bump for newbies

Ouis

224/212/177/145

hard-corer

There is no "try," there is only "do"~ Yoda

Thanks for bumping this. It looks great.

Sarah :D

Sarah

196.8/173/150/140

Start(first time W/I)/Current/WWGoal/Personal Goal

April 26, 2008 Began my journey back to Goal.

5-9-08 Began Core

10-25-08-Made goal

12-4-08-Made Lifetime

11-29-09-Starting again

I bought all the goodies for this a few days ago... am going to fix it this weekend. Can hardly wait! It sounds fantastic!

~Marcia

HW-192/CW-160/GW-152

"When you're on a journey without an end, make sure you're enjoying the ride." -CW