Health Discovery Network
Guest Minnesota

Broc./Cauli./Cheese Soup - 1 pt.!

2 tablespoons = 1 fluid ounce

8 ounces = 1 cup

16 ounces = 1 pound

Best thing to do is get yourself a kitchen scale. They're a big help when trying to be OP!

~Marcia

HW-192/CW-160/GW-152

"When you're on a journey without an end, make sure you're enjoying the ride." -CW

Guest jammom59

I just made this and I have to say it was wonderful. Can't wait for DH to get home tonight and see how he likes it.

Linda

Future thin girl - if you're asking about an ounce for the purposes of the Light Velveeta - there are 4 oz marks on the wrapping that comes on the cheese. Easy to get 12 oz!!

As for the soup...I made it for the first time today...

OMG!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

THIS IS HEAVEN!!!

Even my hubby, who hasn't liked ANY of the 0-point soups I have made so far - LOVED this! Guess it's a double batch next time! LOL! I used strictly broccoli as I was out of the frozen California mix I usually keep around. I used my hand mixer to blend up the broccoili when it was done cooking and also used it to help incorporate the velveeta. SHEER HEAVEN!!

What a great comfort food...and FILLING! For my TV snack tonight, I'm going to have:

1 cup soup - 1 pt

1/2 WW pita - 1 pt

1 slice 2% cheese - melted and toasted inside pita - 1 pt

What a FILLING and delicious 3-point snack!

<b>Rene'<br />Happily Homeschooling<br />SW 234/CW 218/GW 165 - 6 Ft Amazon Woman!<br />Valentine's Goal: 228 - DONE!<br />OP 01/06/2003</b><br /><br /><b>Does Barry Manilow know you raid his wardrobe? -- John Bender</b>

Hi,

Are you guys pshychic or something? I also made this, this weekend. It was so awesome. My husband kept on saying there is no way this is good for you. It taste too good.

Here's what I did,

49oz of 99% ff chicken broth(0 points for 1 cup)

14 oz of velveeta lite

3 bags of frozen cauliflower, carrots and broccolli

approx 8 oz of diced tomatoes.

I estimated 2 points only because I used more cheese, but it was probably closer to 1.

I also pureed half of it, so that it wasn't so thick. It was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good!!

I hope you all can make it soon. It is a very easy recipe.

Jackie

215/194.6/165/140

I made it this weekend and OMG! It is unbelievably out of this world! I pureed all of the vegetables after they were cooked and it made a wonderfully creamy soup. This will be a staple!

Thanks Minnesota!

~Marcia

HW-192/CW-160/GW-152

"When you're on a journey without an end, make sure you're enjoying the ride." -CW

Guest raidermom

This recipe has been one of my favorite finds here on BCB, along with "Pizza to Die For" and "Magic Pudding Dessert". So since I had the pizza two days in a row now, I think tomorrow will be this soup with the pudding for dessert! There'll be plenty of points leftover to indulge just a little !! ;)

Glad to see old favorites bumped TTT again!

I tried this tonight. YUM! And so easy. After cooking the vegetables and before adding the cheese I pureed the veggies in my food processor. The final product was pretty green so I don't think I'll do that again. However, the taste was incredible! Even my six and four year old children liked it. And they had no idea there were veggies in it. So this was great for all of us for many reasons.

Thanks for sharing such a wonderful recipe!

Junglejoy

Guest raidermom

Junglejoy - My soup is a pretty green also........but I like the creaminess of the soup by pureeing the vegetables. What I like to do after that is add a little cooked chopped broccoli and carrots. DH likes chunks in his soup, so I do that only to make him happy........my kids love it either way. A hand blender works great for pureeing the veggies right in the pot. (just be careful not to come out of the soup with it, it makes a mess that even Linda Blair would get disgusted by! ;) )

Reply to the WW in Canada. I personaly do not like the cheese in this soup. I make the soup and leave out the cheese. try it that way.

ROFLMBO!!!

it makes a mess that even Linda Blair would get disgusted by!
and so true!!!

~Marcia

HW-192/CW-160/GW-152

This broccoli cheese soup is WONDERFUL! Just had 2 cups of it for lunch, a cup last night before going out where refreshments were served and I was able to pass them by!

Not sure I can come up with a 1 point BLT though. My white wheat is 1 pt all by itself and a tablespoon of bacon bits (imitation or real is 1 pt as well. I did make a blt today - used only 1 tsp. of ff mayo 1 tsp of real bacon bits and 2 slices white wheat. Sure was good!

Guest tinybubbles

Hey...have tried several times to get the broccoli, caul.,cheese 1pt. soup that was posted and the recipe is not there when i try to access it...if anyone has it...i would luv to get it...thanks sobbing.gif

tinybubbles-

You're probably just looking at the page with your post... this is a 2 page thread. The recipe is the very first post on the first page. Enjoy!

~Marcia

HW-192/CW-160/GW-152

This soup sounds won-der-ful! I'm going to use fat free/low sodium chicken broth and may only use frozen broccoli. I can't wait to make this. I LOVE soup!

smile.gif

*~LINDA~*

HW 386

SW 330

CW 284.2

GW 174

PW 150's

LOST: 102.2 lbs

5'10"

I forgot about the soup until one of our 30's girls posted it!!!!!

I'm going to try the Rotel with it this time bcbsalute.gif

Cathy (mommy to Lexi) :D

Hey Bluff!!!! I see you looking at the recipe!!! Yummy!!!!!

<b>Cathy (mommy to Lexi and Sean)</b><br /><br />(5'and Petite)... SW-125.6 CW-<b>100</b> WW-113 <br /><br />MADE LIFETIMER 6/24/02!!!!!!! =)<br /><br /><b>NEVER give up on your dreams</b>

Guest peaceatlast

I made the soup tonight and it was wonderful. Definately a keeper. I also ate 2 cups of soup and was stuffed. I also agee I like this soup much better than the zero point soup.

I absolutely have to try this recipe!!!

~Lisa

HW 209

SW 199

CW 178.0

GW 153.0

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

~Buddha

Just wanted to say thank you for the recipe. thumbup.gif

Debbie<br /><br />A Good Friend is<br />Like a Good Bra...Hard to find, supportive, comforable, And Always Close to your Heart.

I made this on the weekend and it is definetley a keeper. I use 1 1/2 cups of Cheeze Whiz Light and a 1kg package of Presidents choice Beta-Blend frozen mixed vegetables(broccoli, cauiflower and carrots) I pureed the whole thing and I love it.

Nancy smile.gif

If not now, when?

Guest Debnicu

This sounds absolutely wonderful and I can't wait to try it.Everyone in the family loves soup,especially DS.None of the children will be the wiser, ;)

Bump.. this is good all year 'round!

Remember, we're all in this together...I'm pulling for you!

Red Green

~~~

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak Kindly. Leave the rest to God

~~~

-30!

AllieBaba,

Please be ware: IF you EVER freeze Velveetta....PLEASE make certain that you take it out of the original container OR ELSE when thawed it`ll have a thin transparent plastic attached to the cheese & it cracks & flakes & is virtually impossible to get off the cheese!!

I usually wrap mine in saran wrap or better yet ziploc freezer bags or FoodSaver vacuum seal bags.

:water1:

Aquarius (Sara)

Assumption`s the mother of all mess~ups!!