Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
Guest sherrcat

Spicy Pumpkin Soup

Guest sherrcat

You won't believe it but this hearty soup is zero points!!! It is easy to put together and can be made in the crock pot. Add meat and adjust the points if you like. My whole family loves this recipe.

Serves 8

Points 0

Ingredients

15 oz canned pumpkin

1 cup celery

1/2 cup carrot(s)

1/2 cup onion(s)

1/2 tsp table salt

1/2 tsp ground oregano

1/2 tsp dried rosemary

1/4 tsp ground red pepper

4 cup fat-free chicken broth

1 cup canned diced tomatoes

Instructions

1. In a 4 quart crockery cooker place first 8 ingredients in and mix together. Be sure all vegies are chopped. 2. Gradually stir in broth. 3. Cover; cook on low heatsetting for 6-8 hours or on hight heat setting for 3-4 hours. Stir in chopped tomatoes. 3. Adda dollop of sour cream if you like.

Special Notes

Per serving: 56 calories, 2 g protein,15 g carbs, 1g total fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 918 mg sodium, 408 mg potassium

Hi, Thanks...I'm going to try this in my Vita-Mix.

I'll let you know what happens.

Dawna

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby

Had this tonight and its a winner with the whole family-soup is noit one of my DH or DS favoarite, but they like this one. Thanks

Sharon

Your CA buddySharon/Parklady Life time: 7-24- 01 Lost 42.2 #**********************************"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice." **********************************

this stuff is really good! i used water in place of broth and added 4 tsp. chicken bouillon granules...omit the salt.

Lee Ann

SW 185.4

Guest Hailey

Thank you sooooooooooooo much for posting this recipe!! :buddysmoo