Health Discovery Network
Guest SugarMagnolia

Potato Corn Chowder (comfort food!)

Guest SugarMagnolia

This is so warm and wonderful and you will never know that there is nearly no fat in this. I will call it 2 points for one cup and 3 for 1.5 cups.

Ingredients:

1t oil

2t water

1 1/4C chopped onions

1C thinly sliced carrots-about 2 med. (I use the slicer adaptation on the food processor)

2 stalks celery, inc. leaves, chopped

1 bay leaf

2C cubed potatoes (about 2 med potatoes)

1C vegetable stock

1C skim milk

1C corn

salt and pepper to taste ( I use 1t salt and 1/4 t pepper)

Heat oil and water in dutch oven to bubbling. Add onions and saute 5-10 min. Depending on how hot you like the soup. Add a little water if too dry. Add carrots, celery, bay leaf, potatoes, and stock. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to med. and cook 20 min or until potatoes are tender. Add milk and corn. Simmer (do not boil) 3-5 minutes until corn is tender. Discard bay leaf. Puree 1C of soup in food processor or blender, return to pot and add salt and pepper.

This recipe is easily doubled (I always do) and tastes even better the next day. I will eat it all week!

Lisa

Wow! I just made this and it is darn good. I even left out the tsp of oil, and used 1/2 cup ff half & half and 1/2 cup skim milk. Very creamy and yummy. Thanks for posting it. Will make again.

I joined ww in 1995 also. Dropped 68 lbs, maintained my 138lbs over 3 years. Many life changes later, and I gained it back after going OP. Soooo here I go again!

Guest broomy

Sounds good. My 2 favorite soups, potato and corn chowder combined.

i had a bunch of leftover baked potatoes from the weekend b-b-q, and so i made this chowder last night....it's AWESOME, and my bf loved it too. he said it didnt even taste low fat. :D

- Sarah

Reached lifetime in 2002...then life, marriage and a baby got in the way, so now I'm back...and this time for good!

[about the past]"...the way I see it, you can either run from it, or learn from it."

To the top :)

"When we go back to the Old way of eating ,

we go back to the Old weight...." Author Unknown

Dawn