Health Discovery Network
Paris Madeleine

Paris' Old World Minestrone - 1 POINT

thanks judy.....that was really quick. it really does sound good. i thought it would be core, but with just starting core i don't want to mess up. i really don't trust myself yet. thanks for the info on barilla plus....i'll look for it.

dardee

dardee

on core and loving it:headover:

11/06/2006 159

ww goal-145lb

lbs lost so far 24

i can do this!

i will do this!

hi everyone

i was just at the grocery store and looked at the barilla plus......is it core? i kind of read the ingredients and couldn't decide so i passed on it for this time. everyone has said such great things about it that i wanted to try it. i am having a rough time adjusting to the whole wheat pasta. otherwise core seems to be going pretty good. it sure makes life easy. thanks for the help everyone!

dardee

dardee

on core and loving it:headover:

11/06/2006 159

ww goal-145lb

lbs lost so far 24

i can do this!

i will do this!

Le Creuset, the cookware I use, calls their Dutch oven a French oven. I got into the habit of calling it that too. :embarrass Any large soup pot will do.

273.8/266.8/164

restart 1 November 14

bumping...i'm trying this one in a few...

iRiS :p

lifetime since 2005...recommitted 03/22/09

new mommy to Lucy Bella on 8/17/09!

HW: 186

CW: 156.4

Goal #1: 150 (5%), Goal #2: 142 (10%), GW: 130

putting this to the top....

Paris’ Old World Minestrone Soup

3 tbsp chopped garlic

1 cup chopped onion

¾ diced celery

2 cups non-fat chicken broth

1 12-oz can Spicy V-8

1 ½ cups shredded carrots

1 14.5-oz can Hunt’s Diced Tomatoes w/ Onion, Basil & Oregano

½ cup frozen baby peas

1 cup Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained

1 ½ tsp Italian Seasoning

½ tsp red pepper flakes

1/3 cup Ditalini or any small pasta

1 ½ cups finely shredded fresh spinach

In a large French oven misted with olive oil, sauté onion, celery and garlic over medium heat until fragrant, about 5 minutes. Add in the chicken broth and V-8. Then add the carrots and tomatoes. Cook for about 10 minutes. Then add the peas and beans to the pot and season with the Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes. Allow to cook another 10 minutes at a simmer over medium-low heat. Add in the Ditalini and cook for another 7 minutes – may need to add up to ½ cup water if soup is looking thick. Finally, add the fresh spinach in and allow to cook 3-4 minutes. Take pot off of the stove and allow to cool 5 minutes if serving immediately or at least 30 minutes if storing in individual cups in the freezer.

Serves 6-7 full cups @ 1 point per serving

I made the Pasta Fagioli soup recipe a few weeks ago and it was wonderful. Does anyone know how the two compare? This looks really good too.

Tish

Onward and Downward

to the top

~ Pam ~

homeschooling mom to 3 girls

"It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not." James Gordon, M.D.

weight.png

I doubled this and it's in the finishing stages on the stove right now. The taste tests have been superb. I can't wait to have a whole bowl full :bcb_up

~ Pam ~

homeschooling mom to 3 girls

"It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not." James Gordon, M.D.

weight.png