Health Discovery Network
Guest KimmyKat

1 Point potato soup

Guest KimmyKat

As copied from a WW meeting:

2 packages frozen fat free hashbrowns

4 cans fat free chicken broth

1 package low fat McCormicks country gravy mix

In a large pan, brown hashbrowns for 10 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and heat through. 1 Point per cup.

*This is Yummy. I added some green beans to mine too*

This sounds very yummy! Thanks I will try this!!

Stacey

week 1 on ww smile.gif

Recommited 2-13-04<br />sw 185<br />cw 176<br />goal 140

Guest Band Mom

I am so glad that you posted this recipe. Wed night is Soup Supper at church. Potato soup is on the menu and I know what they are making is higher in points. I will make this and bring my own. Thanks

Guest Band Mom

What size bag of Hash Browns? Did you use shredded potatoes of patties?

Thanks

Guest dachshundtales

I make this all the time. Dont use shredded an dont go cheap on the hash browns either. Go for the good stuff it makes all the difference in this recipe. The cheap pot. taste like WAX. ugh!

get the hashbrowns that are in tiny little squares. I get the O`Brian the ones with onions an peppers.

I also build my soup up once I get it in my bowl,

1/8 c. of L.F. cheese

1T. of bacon bits

1T. f.f. sour cream

green onions

tada! you now have baked pot. soup. This is great b/c you can add whatever you want an know excatly the pts. per bowl. Enjoy. I also use the f.f. gravy mix. Donna

Guest jhumespcn

Yes, I also want to know what size package of potatoes.

I made this today. I added chopped onion to it and a little salt and pepper. It is very good. I will make it again soon. ;) Cynthia

started ww:3/14/02 goal:6/23/03 Lifetime:8/04/03<br />sw/wwgw/cw<br />234/155/148.5

Guest Hailey

This soup is my absolute favorite, but the way I had it written down was 1 bag hashbrowns, thats why I only used 2 cans chicken broth lol, this makes soooooooooooooooo much more sense. Thank you for posting this!!

Guest MT98R92

Hi,

What size bag of hashbrowns and what kind?

Thanks!

Chris

Guest Hailey

Ore Ida frozen hasbrowns 32 oz southern style, I've also used ore ida potatoes O'brien.

Guest mochalattekona

I tried this recipe yesterday after seeing the posting for this using 1/2 bag of hashbrowns and 2 cans of 98%FF chicken broth and 1/2 package of the gravy mix and OH MY was it ever yummy.

It is so tasty (adding S&P). I havent had a chance to add any 'sides' such as onions,FF cheese but will definatley try that too!

Guest MT98R92

Hailey,

Thanks for the info!!

Chris

Guest Hailey

Chris you are welcome!! ;)

For the chicken broth is it the small cans. Thanks for the info...

~~~~~~ AMY ~~~~~~

Lost 30.5, 38.5 more to go!!

SW: 194--Jan 9,2006

CW: 163.5

GW: 125

Well I made it just like sandy did. 2 cans of chicken broth 1/2 package of gravey and 1/2 bag of potatoes. OH my this soup is the best. Way better than canned...... Yummy

~~~~~~ AMY ~~~~~~

Lost 30.5, 38.5 more to go!!

SW: 194--Jan 9,2006

CW: 163.5

GW: 125

Guest aimeelynne756

thanks so much for posting this! i love potato soup and i didnt think i could have it anymore. i will try this today!

Aimee

I usually add some thinly sliced onions and celery and julienned carrots as well. I cook them in the broth first so they get tender ... then proceed with the rest of the recipe.

When i want it "cheesy" i will add a cube of velveeta light to it when i nuke it!

I don't think that i've ever frozen this soup - we usually eat it too quickly!

quotation-open.png Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out. quotation-close.png

Barb A

Hi,

I've been wanting to make this for a long time but can not find ff hashbrowns or lf gravy mix. They have every other mix but not lf. I've tried Wal-Mart and Krogers. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Nancy

SW 166

CW 166

GW 135

Hght. 5'3

9-23-07

if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you Matt. 17:20.

Try the ones in the refrigerated section (not the freezer section) - like near where the El Paso Taco meats, and Hormel premade meatloaves are? In our section there are bob evans and simply potatoes that are just shredded potatoes (some with seasonings, but no fat still). You just have to watch your serving size and maybe not use the entire bag for the soup (or adjust the soup serving size and add more broth, etc and make more servings!)

Or .. does your grocery store have an organic/health food freezer section? Alexia potatoes are FF and i've found them in the regular freezer section of one store and in the Health Food section of another.

I just use the regular country gravy mix, it doesn't alter the points - i only found the LF variety once.

quotation-open.png Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out. quotation-close.png

Barb A

Thanks,

I'll look this weekend. and let you know what I turn up.

Nanc

SW 166

CW 166

GW 135

Hght. 5'3

9-23-07

if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you Matt. 17:20.

Guest suzy-loozy

OK.............Well, I'm intrigued enough to go get the stuff and try it.....I love tasty, simple things like this.....I'm single so I'll prbably cut the recipe in half.......

I love anything that has the word creamy in it......YAHOO!

:exercise2

Can anyone tell me what size can of chicken broth I use?

Also, if i get the 32 oz bag of frozen hashbrowns, do I still use two bags?

Help! TIA :)

*Sarah*

SW: 236.5

CW: 223.5 10/16/07

GW: 135

I am making this tonight, will it matter if I don't brown the hash browns? I did not get that step in my meeting the other day. I can not wait to eat this for dinner! I was not sure on the points either but now I am thanks so much for posting all the above, Tree:headover:

Have to tell you I took like 6 slices Oscar Mayer Canadian Bacon and browned it and added to the bowls for a topping. This soup Rocks! :crazy:

SW-242

CW-242

Just keep swimming, just... keep... swimming...