Health Discovery Network
Guest KimmyKat

1 Point potato soup

I made this the other day and OMG, was it delicious. I used two bags of fresh potatoes ( found in the dairy isle) these were cubed, can't remember the name.

Anyway, I sprayed the pan with pam, and browned the potato cubes, then put in three cans of chicken broth (14 1/2 oz) and one pkg of country gravy mix.

When it was done, I placed it in the bowls, and added a little of fat free shreded cheese in the middle.

Even my husband liked it. He said don't loose the recipe, because I want you to make it again!!

Judy in Nevada " A Proud Mom of a U.S. Sailor"

SW 190.6 started 2-3-06

WW Goal 150.0 (40.0 lost) :wave: Made on 9-26-06

CW 148.2 02-24-07

Lifetime 11-7-06

auntnancy

i always buy safeway brand potatoes, if that helps!

VANESSA

274/248.5/under 150

Size 26/20/8ish

1/4/08: -10

2/1/08: -8.5

3/7/08: -0

4/4/08: -4.5

5/2/08: -4

Sounds delicious! I will have to try this next week with veggie broth and I will probably use real potatoes....does anyone know if the gravy mix has meat in it at all??? TIA

RiKKi

hw253/sw200.4/cw 197.8/gw160

3days 100% OP!

event.png

I made this tonight and loved it, however DF didn't! Oh well... can't please em all!!!! lol

I did alter it a bit though, I used veggie broth (1can) plus one can water boiled my potatoes(4 medium) in that along with carrots, celery, onion, and broccoli... then I mixed about a 1/2 can cold water in with the gravy mix and then mixed that in with the soup! YUM!!! Perfect for a cold day!!! and very low points~

RiKKi

hw253/sw200.4/cw 197.8/gw160

3days 100% OP!

event.png

I made this last night and it's a keeper! For 2 lb potatoes, 6 c. broth, and 1 pkg Williams gravy, it was 2p/cup. I'm definitely putting in extra veggies next time. And it was too salty for me (didn't use low-sodium bouillon), so I will halve it.

VANESSA

274/248.5/under 150

Size 26/20/8ish

1/4/08: -10

2/1/08: -8.5

3/7/08: -0

4/4/08: -4.5

5/2/08: -4

Guest rlb1377

This sounds so awesome! I am so ready for cooler weather and SOUP!

You can use 1/2 water and 1/2 broth for the recipe and that will cut the sodium down without changing the flavor. We love this at my house. I love thick soups.

Bunkaroo

I am making this right now! It smells so good, but I wish I could have found the FF gravy mix! Still, 2 pts can't be bad for a soup that smells this good. Thanks for the recipe!

“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” Eleanor Roosevelt :kickbutt:

HW: 232

SW: 187.5

CW: 156.5 :bcb_up

GW: I'm good right here!!!!!

I love this soup, I added 2 leeks, and DH loved it as well. Won't bother freezing it won't last that long.

Here it is years later and I am still making this soup but I only use one bag of hash browns now........don't even remember using 2 bags!! No wonder it was so thick!!! Oh, and now I add a bag of broccoli and sometimes mushrooms and onions.....