Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
Guest geralen

Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms with Mashed Potatoes and Swiss Chard

Guest geralen

Place 4 mushrooms with the stems and gills removed, stem side up in a shallow baking pan. Spray with olive oil spray, sprinkle with soy sauce and scatter minced garlic over them. Add 1/2 inch of water to the pan and bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile peel and cut 2 large baking potatoes into eighths and boil in salted water for 15 minutes or until soft. Reserve water and mash potatoes adding 1 Tblsp of diet Margarine 1 pt for a Tblsp. Season. Meanwhile chop clean swiss chard discarding the tough white stems. Spray a frying pan with olive oil spray and saute onions or shallots for a few minutes adding a little broth if necessary. Add chard and continue sauteing until soft. Mix in with the potatoes and stuff the mushrooms with this mixture using it all. Top each one with 1/2 TBLSP of grated parmesean cheese. Each of these beauties is 3 points

Guest Rosebud

Yum Yum Yum this sounds great ! I'm going to try this this weekend...

Hope i can find some fresh veggies at the store rolleyes.gif

Patty

------------------

Do what you can,for who you can,with what you have,and where you are.

Guest geralen

Swiss Chard is a large leafed green found in the section with beets spinach and other greens. You could use spinach in this recipe if you cannot find s.c. but it will change the flavors slightly.

Guest laughnnyc

this recipe sounds great-- can't wait to try it. I LOVE portabello mushrooms and I was wondering if you know where I can get the nutritional info on them. WW has them listed as 0 points--but if I eat -- let's say 5 of them-- I imagine there would be some kind of points. Also curious to what they are-- veggies? proteins? etc..

Any help at all would be appreciated!

------------------

336/320/299-- milestone

http://www.mushroomcouncil.com/

It said on this site that all mushroom varieties have about the same nutritional value. For 5 medium sized (84g) white mushrooms... 20 calories, 0 fat, 0 fiber.

So I would guess a medium sized portabella mushroom.... 20-50 cal?

Just a guess.