Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
Robyn C.

Need a Recipe For Meatless Tamales

I found one with pork out on the Ethnic board but does anybody have a meatless recipe? Please hurry -- aiming for a meatless Mexican Thanksgiving this year smile.gif

Nothing takes the place of persistence. -- Calvin Coolidge<br /><br />Robyn C. <br />*******************************<br /><br />Goal of 135 pounds: December 19, 2002

bump -- somebody out there has GOT to have a recipe for this smile.gif

Nothing takes the place of persistence. -- Calvin Coolidge<br /><br />Robyn C. <br />*******************************<br /><br />Goal of 135 pounds: December 19, 2002

HI Robyn,

I would just use the same amount of cooked black beans for the meat. This works in most recipes calling for meat.

Momma25

(Momma25) Momma to five

http://www.realfoodliving.com

In remission from Acute Leukemia

Diabetic, low GI and no FRANKENFOODS!

218/in-between/125

The Black beans sound good, you can also use potatoes and carrots as filler, most of the people I know that make tamales use the p & c with the meat, but you could use it w/o. I would just adjust the amount of seasoning and go for it. :D Hope you find a filling that you like!

Thanks for the tips, Buddies!