Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
rincaro

Falafel!

Is my new favorite! If you make a package of Fantastic Foods Falafel mix into 24 patties, you can broil them by only spraying the pan down so they don't stick. Each 2 patty serving has only 1 point because they are so high in fiber! Stick two in half a fat-free pita with tomatoes, cucumbers & some fat-free dressing and it's a nice sandwich for only 3 points (1 for the falafel, 1.5 for the pitas I use, .5 for the dressing).

THank you for posting this!!!!!!!!! I had made falafel a rare "treat" because it was higher in points. I can't wait to pick up a box.

Weight loss to date: -78lbs.<br />Pounds to go: 35!

Just make sure you broil it and not fry it. The frying is where all the extra fat & calories would come from! They are also good on top of a salad if you're trying to save points! smile.gif

Will have to try!!! Never thought about broiling them... Approximately how long on each side?? TIA

Joanna :headover:

Ya-Ya Name ~Princess Sparrow Hawk ~

Recommitted 2-13-04 ~ Lifetime since 9-11-90

Heaviest weight ~ 135.6 ~ Recommit weight ~ 135.6 (2-13-04)

Current weight ~ 120.9 (8-27-04)

WW goal ~ 105, My goal ~ 99 :goal: (my weight when I made lifetime - I'm 4' 11" tall!!) :D

~~~ "Nothing's forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten." ~~~ Robin of Sherwood

2-3 minutes on each side. I did 12 at a time in my toaster oven and it worked out great!

Thanks so much... can't remember the last time I had Falafel... can't wait to try!!!

Joanna :headover:

Ya-Ya Name ~Princess Sparrow Hawk ~

Recommitted 2-13-04 ~ Lifetime since 9-11-90

Heaviest weight ~ 135.6 ~ Recommit weight ~ 135.6 (2-13-04)

Current weight ~ 120.9 (8-27-04)

WW goal ~ 105, My goal ~ 99 :goal: (my weight when I made lifetime - I'm 4' 11" tall!!) :D

~~~ "Nothing's forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten." ~~~ Robin of Sherwood