Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Allison

Crock Pot Chicken 3 points

Guest Allison

Serves: 4

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

1 jar of salsa

Put chicken in the crock pot. Pour salsa on top and simmer for 4-6 hours untill chicken is done.

each 3 oz. chicken breast is 3 points

Guest janny

A good addition to this is to add a jar of apricot spreadable fruit. I serve it over rice and the sweet and sour sauce excellant. Add up the total points for the whole jar of spreadable fruit ( I use the store brand and it comes to 11 points ) I then divide that by the amount of the sauce i eat. It's very minimal, though, and really delicious. Try it biggrin.gif

------------------

Janet

235/152

op since 7-99

i'm going to try this. thank you, girls.

sandra

------------------

sandra<P>"why be afraid to succeed?"<P>"sit down and eat with dignity."

Allison & Janny, gave your "crocked" chicken breasts in salsa & spreadable apricots a try last PM & it's a winner. Doesn't get much easier, does it?

Served on white rice with a salad. I Thank you along with DH!

Any other crock-pot winners???

PS: This is Day 9 for me!!! biggrin.gif

------------------

Maddie B.

[This message has been edited by Maddie (edited 07-18-2000).]

~~~Maddie~~~<BR>Our chief want in life is somebody who will make us do what we CAN. <BR>~I truly thank you my BCB!~ :)

I tried this tonight. YUM! And so easy. The entire family licked the platter clean. I did add the apircot spread which was good, but I still want to try it without the spread. Next time.

This one is a winner! smile.gif

------------------

Junglejoy

169/146.6/140WW/130personal

Junglejoy

Allison, this sounded so good! I tried it, but added a can of black beans and a can of corn (rinsed and drained), which added a total of 7 more points to the recipe. With one pound of chicken (16 points), the total recipe came out to 23 points. I was able to get 5 cups, so it came out to be close to 5 points per serving. Delicious served over brown rice! (5 points for chicken and 3 points for rice)

Thanks for the ideas!

147 current/125 goal

Tried tonight...my turn to cook. I put extra jar of Salsa in with extra chicken, but later regretted it. A little too much fluid left over. Nonetheless....Wow, it was great. I used hot chili to give it some bite, and served with red potatoes baked and a little Can't believe it's not butter.

Thanks for the recipe... really enjoyed it!

Bill

369/353/220 OP since 5/4/2001 :D

We could learn a lot from crayons: some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names, and all are different colors....but they all exist very nicely in the same box.

I make a version of this too , however I bake it in the oven.

Chicken breasts, covered with a jar of salsa, 3-4 chopped scallions, and a few tablespoons of parmesan cheese (you might want to count the cheese as 1 point, depending on how much you use)!! Bake for 45 min in a 350 oven -- absolutely delicious over white rice.

Susan

Last week we had the chicken with the salsa. It was definitely a winner! Excellent!

This week we are trying it with the apricots. Will let you know!

SW 178<br />CW 137<br />GW 134<br /> Reached goal on 9/02. Recommitted 12/30. Goal by 2/16...cruise vacation !<br />If you fail to plan, you plan to fail

Count me in! This looks great. I will probably try it this weekend, after I get the apricot preserves.

Thanks!

Dawna

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby

Hi, I am trying this today. Will let you know how we like it.

Dawna

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby