Dina W

Crockpot Sour Cream Salsa Chicken

So good I made some adjustments what i did boneless chicken breast whole

taco seasoning

whole K corn (drained water)

2 cans of black beans (rinsed)

and a can of rotel tomatoes with green chillies

cooked it all day I added some water

then when i served it i toped with shreaded chedder cheese and a small dollop of sour cream

a huge HIT here

Just thought I d share GinaH

Weight watchers is a tool its up to me how I use it!

http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a204/DGJP8991/

bumping up, we just love this, made it with pork chops also, excellent!

:cool: Kathy :cool:

SW: 177 CW: 153

8 pounds above goal

Made Lifetime 9/7/04

Made goal 7/27/04

Made 10%: 3/23/04

WW Goal: 145 trying to get back

Height: 5'8"

bumping because this is a good Core recipe ;)

I usually make it with black beans which are core as well!

Be sure to either use fat free sc or count points for the light, which would be pretty miniscule.

Debbie

recommitted 11.28.10

313/304/169

This sounds wonderful. I'm going to make it for dinner tomorrow night!:D

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

SW:176 (8/31/04)

GW:144 (1/11/05)

CW:127.5

PG: 125

LIFETIME: 04/05/05

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps." - Confucius

This is one of our favorite recipes. I try to make it every other week. We serve it over lots of shredded lettuce, and top it with diced tomato, diced onion (or scallions if I have them) and a sprinkling of FF shredded cheese. If we can afford the extra point, I sometimes slice up a few black olives. Absolutely delicious!

:bcbsalute MT

:salut MT

a18ec6f08b2b3ca.gif

This is my absolute fav crock pot chicken recipe. I made it (again) tonight for Father's day dinner for 8 (I doubled it and it turned out perfect!)

Try it!

Be careful of your thoughts, for your thought become your words.

Be careful of your words, for your words become your actions.

Be careful of your actions, for your actions become your habits.

Be careful of your habits, for your habits become your character.

Be careful of your character, for your character becomes your destiny.

Author unknown

http://laurdee.blogspot.com

Guest shannon ww

I had to try this the other night and could not wait so instead of the crockpot, I used my pressure cooker. I put in the chicken, taco seasoning and one cup of Contadina diced tomatoes (I was out of salsa and Rotel) and cooked for 20 minutes after bringing it up to pressure. I always make shredded chicken like this. I then shredded the chicken and put it back in after adding the sour cream. I mixed it all up and put it over rice. Delicious!!!

I brought in a smaller portion of both the chicken and rice to work and it was even better heated up.

Guest metalchick

yummy - just like chili! :D

I STILL make this one regularly!!

Author unknown

Guest Dlaney

I've made this a few times and I serve it on a large platter with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, FF cheddar and FF torilla chips. I slice the chicken and pour the sauce over the entire thing. Makes a great taco salad.

I, too, had to try something that had so many responses. Everyone loved it. I may double it next time. My teenage son had 2 large servings, which is a great source of protein for a VERY active, growing teenager.

DAWN

SW 157/ CW 136.2 / GW 137/ PGW 130

Made Goal 1/7/06 :jump_jack

Made Lifetime 2/18/06 :goal:

http://www.picturetrail.com/newlifern

Guest bensmomshelly

I made this tonight and served it over brown rice. Yummy and a big hit with DH and 2-yr-old DS. With the rice and a slightly bigger piece of chicken, it was 8 pts and very filling.

Guest buildingdreams

making this tomorrow. Can't wait to smell it when I walk in from work!

Guest buildingdreams

OMG. I made this last night. It was sooo good. I want to make it agin like....tomorrow!!!

Made this recipe this past weekend...it was awesome!!! The only change I made was instead of thickening with sour cream, I added 2 TBS of black beans to the salsa and sauce after I took the chicken out and pureed it. It made a wonderful sauce to serve over the chicken!! DS thought it tasted like chicken tacos without the shells!! Served it with lots of shredded lettuce and a black bean and corn side. Delicious!! Bump!!

5'3"

HW: 179

CW: 148.0

WWG: 132

PGW: 127

Selena :)

Made this today...so easy and yummy! I used 1.5 lbs of chicken breast. My chicken was defrosted and I cooked on low for about 4 hours. I didn't have taco seasoning, so I used a little less than 1 tbsp each of Lawry's seasoning and ancho chili powder. I used FF sour cream and the sauce tastes great. This is definitely my kind of recipe! Served with a salad and ff tortillas.

Monica

Started WW 8/1/05

Achieved Lifetime 5/2/06 :workout:

This one is still a favorite 4.gif in our house too! It usually comes up in the menu rotation every two weeks (much more often than some of the other meals) because it is not only delicious, but easy!

a18ec6f08b2b3ca.gif

Yes, a staple with my household!! I just made it the other day...ummmm, and it's so easy. I even use frozen chicken breasts...they seem to say jucier! I'll have to try that black bean tip!

Enjoy!

LD:D

Author unknown

I love this dish. My newest thing is to take about 4 frozen chicken breasts pour in a jar of Tostitos Medium Salsa and a Packet of McCormacks Taco Seasoning put everything in the crockpot cook it all day..then shredd the chicken all up and make Spicy Chicken Wraps - LowFat Tortilla - Spicy Chicken Mixture - Some Black Beans and rice. You can also add a bit of Ranch Dressing to it also if you want. Wrap it up and Enjoy!!!!

PROUD MEMBER OF THE FIT & FAB FEMS!!!

Lord Please give me the willpower to achieve my weight loss goals.

God Bless,

Karen

Current Weight: 5/28/09 = 200.2 (-2.4)

Current Info: Restarting AGAIN 5/11/09 @ 202.6

Original Info: HW:?210? SW: 194 October 2004

PGW: 130!! Height: 5" 2'

Guest LivBean

Wow....tried this tonight and it was amazing!!! I used FF sour cream and actually wrapped the chicken in FF tortillas.....it was so filling and so delicious. A perfect winter night meal!!!! Highly recommended!!:)

Wow, I couldn't believe how delicious this turns out to be. The sauce is so good! I made a baked potato in the microwave and heated up some green beans, and had a complete meal. The sauce poured over the potato is soooo good. I ate it all weekend, couldn't get enough of it. Even my parents thought it was great, gave the recipe to my aunt and she loved it too. This one will be a regular for sure!

*Sarah*

SW: 236.5

CW: 223.5 10/16/07

GW: 135

Has any one else had trouble using the corn starch in this receipe? When I made this it tasted great untill I put in the cornstarch. No matter what I did, I could never get the cornstarch taste out of the sauce. I ended up throwing the sauce out and just using the chicken. I even used a little less starch than the receipe called for.

Daisy~I never had a problem with the sauce having a cornstarch taste. Did you put the cornstarch into the sauce while the crock was still on and cook it for awhile while it thickens? Did you add the sour cream after the cornstarch? Those are the only things that I can think of that might help cook away any cornstarch taste.

Sarah~Never thought to make a baked potato with it. I have some leftovers from last night, and it is just me for dinner tonight, so I am going to make myself a baked potato and top it with the Salsa Chicken!! Thanks for a great idea!

a18ec6f08b2b3ca.gif