Health Discovery Network
Dina W

Crockpot Sour Cream Salsa Chicken

It was still cooking when I added the cornstarch, and I continued to cook it. I thought the cornstarch taste would cook out of it, but it didn't work. Oh well, no biggie - I just won't add it next time. :)

Daisy~

You probably won't even miss the cornstarch! The meal is so good. Last night I tried it over a baked potato as Sarah suggested and it was delicious. My favorite way to eat it is over shredded lettuce, topped with chopped tomato and onion, and when I have some extra points, a few sliced black olives and a sprinkling of shredded cheddar.

2.gif MT

:salut MT

a18ec6f08b2b3ca.gif

I agree Sarah! You don't really miss it at all. The Sour Cream adds the creaminess and the sauce does not really need to be any thicker.

a18ec6f08b2b3ca.gif

Guest SmilingCauliflower

soooooooooo good! i had it last night but i didn't put the taco seasoning in it BUT wow thats awesome!

I put this in my crockpot this morning. Its my first crockpot meal EVER, so wish me luck! Hopefully my apt wont be burned down when I get home from work.

*~*Sarah*~*

SD: 11/27/06

Recommit Date: 1/05/2009

HW: 169

SW: 156

CW: 149

GW: 135

Ultimate GW: 125-130

s-weight.png

This was sooo easy & delicious!!! My dbf was like "can we have this every nite?"

*~*Sarah*~*

SD: 11/27/06

Recommit Date: 1/05/2009

HW: 169

SW: 156

CW: 149

GW: 135

Ultimate GW: 125-130

s-weight.png

I have been making recipes out of a WW cookbook and each time they have been very bland and required additional seasoning. My bf ate it every time though, in his effort to be supportive.

I made this and he all but licked out the bottom of the crock pot. He ate all of the leftovers the next day. This recipe has renewed his trust in me to make dinner that's palatable and healthy.

I can't thank you enough for this recipe.

weight.png

I love to use the crockpot. Smelling the food all day mmmmm! But anways this one sounds wonderfull going to try this one Friday!

Thank you!

http://www.myspace.com/leebj

WW Stats (For Life)

(HW) 205.0

(SW) 199.0

(GW) 140.0

(CW) 178.8

Started WW 11-30-06

Made my 10% on 3-1-07 :bcb_up

I made this for tonight's dinner and it was wonderful. I make chicken alot and we were getting tired of the same old things, so this was a nice change. I will definitely make it again - only next time I will double the salsa and sour cream because we could have used more sauce for the leftovers.

~Kristi~

Guest lovethebard

I made this last night and it was fantastic. I served it with brown rice and broccoli but next time I will shred it and serve with whole wheat tortillas.

My DH has specially requested this for tonight. This is the second time I made this recipe...WOW...I love it. I think I'll serve it over pasta this time.

Jeannette

total loss: 88

Twoterville 12/8/06

OVER 20% LOST

"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it."

Chinese Proverb.

Guest Hailey

This sounds wonderful, can't wait to try it.

I don't have this recipie, can someone share or tell me where to find it?

Thanks, Michelle

Michelle, the recipe is at the beginning of this thread...if you look down at the bottom, you will see there are 7 pages of notes on this thread. Page 7 is actually the first page. Go there & scroll down to the very first post & there is the recipe.

Vanne

SW 181 :sobbing:

CW 164 :work_out:

WWG 160

PGW 145 :goal:

Bump...in my crockpot as we speak!

Be careful of your thoughts, for your thought become your words.

Be careful of your words, for your words become your actions.

Be careful of your actions, for your actions become your habits.

Be careful of your habits, for your habits become your character.

Be careful of your character, for your character becomes your destiny.

Author unknown

http://laurdee.blogspot.com

This is on next week's menu. Probably my fave crockpot chicken recipe, and so quick to assemble!

Anything with 7 pages of replies is a must try!

SW and HW-198

CW-192.5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This is in my crockpot as we speak! I used medium verde salsa (i love spicy) instead of regular red salsa so that when it mixes with the sour cream it will mimick the yummy enchilada sauce from my fav. mexican restaurant here. CANT WAIT to get home to eat it :)

I'll let you know how it turns out!

Alana Jane

Alana Jane

Here's another addition to the thread! I made this on Saturday and it was fabulous. I served with a side salad and FF beans, but there are so many variations to this. I'm going to try shredding the chicken next time and using it and the sauce for enchiladas.

Elaine

SW: 142 (10/31/06)

CW: 130 (1/29/10)

GW: 125

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/elainepaulsen

this might sound stupid ... so you don't cook the salsa mixture? Help .... Ireally want to make this this week.