This is comfort food.

CP Pork Chops in Creamy Sauce

4 pork chops, lean, loin 2oz each = 12 points

1 cup fresh, sliced mushrooms= 0 points

1 cup chopped spanish onion= 1 point

1 can Campbells Half Fat Cr.of Mushroom Soup =3 points

Onion Soup Mix, 2 TBSP, =1 point

4 lrg new potatoes, sliced = 12 points

Layer potatoes on bottem, then onions, then chops. Sprinkle with onion soup mix. Layer mushrooms on top, the top with the cream soup. Cook on low for 8 hrs.

4 servings = 7.5 points per serving

I threw this in the CP yesterday and really enjoyed it, reminded me of my Grandmothers comfort food smile.gif

195/169/144

Oh No - One more thing to add to the grocery list for tomorrow. Pork Chops. I better sign off of this site before I have more recipes than I can handle this week.

This recipe looks great. There are so many great cooks here.

I am a real sucker for those crock pot recipes. Can't get enough of them.

I will come back to post, after I make it, to let you know how we all liked it.

Thanks - Dawna

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby

The pork chops are cooking as I write this. It sure looks good. I have a baby "crockette" cooking also. I have something new I am trying for dessert in there. I am calling it "blueberry compote".

It's just a little dessert, ww-style, of course. If it comes out good, I will come back tonight to post.

I will come back anyway to let you know how we all liked the pork chops. I have a feeling that's going to be a real keeper.

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby

Well my family loved this. You're right, it is a real comfort food.

Now my blueberry compote was a whole other story. I liked it, but no one else did.

later - Dawna

Thankyou for your nice comments :D I love to think up new recipes, especially the ones where you only dirty one pot!

How did the blueberry dessert turn out? I haven't got a baby CP, and I have wondered what you would make in one. Please let me know.

195/169/144

Made this for dinner tonight and it was a hit thumbup.gif . I've made a similar recipe to this in the oven, but it's been so hot here, I didn't want to use the stove. The crockpot didn't throw off nearly as much heat and it was nice to have a "one dish" meal.

Thanks for posting.

wave.gif

PAT

Ya-Ya Sisterhood name: Viscountess Cheshire Kitten

Recomitted - Feb 18, 2006 - 219/200.2/5 more / 5' 7"

Total Loss - 18.8 :D

1st mini goal - 10 % = 198

2nd mini goal - Overweight not Obese BMI = 191 lbs

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." --Theodore Roosevelt

Pat, Thank you for reminding me of this one. I am going to make it this week.

You're a peach!

Hugs,

Dawna

I threw this together this morning and am eating it as I type. Yum! I love the combo of ingredients (well, except the onion...I left that out ;) )!

I did have one problem, though - Everything around the edge burned to a crisp! I used my large crockpot, which gets pretty hot even on low. That could have something to do with it. Also, even though I doubled the ingredients, it was only half-way full...maybe that's why the edges scorched. Next time (and there will be a next time!) I'm going to use my smaller crock pot.

THANKS!

~Heather~

Guest WCFD52

I don't know how I missed this one before, but the ingredients are on my list for today :D . Looks great ~ Thanks for another yummy recipe.

Shannon bcbsalute.gif

This sounds great, however I am going to have to change some stuff around so everyone in my house will eat it (no mushrooms, or onions, I can cook some for me on the side, however I know I will lose some flavor, I need to get a smaller cp so I can fix this problem)! I will have to do this in a week or two. I will leave my outcome here! Thanks for the idea! wave.gif

243.5/239.5/135

233.5 Valentines Day Goal

4 down 6 to go!

I made this on Monday and really enjoyed it. My chops came out a little dry, but I think I had them cooking closer to 8.5-9 hrs. LOVED the potatoes!! Next time I may just do the potatoes :D or maybe substitute stew meat for the pork chops.

Gina

Gina

5/7

SW 175 07/02

Goal 150 09/2003

Now 155

http://www.picturetrail.com\gina.1

"You have to have confidence in your ability and then be tough enough to follow through." Rosalynn Carter

Made this recipe today. It was wonderful!!! My Husband wants more CP recipes. I just need help with a couple of points. Half Fat Cr. of Mushroom Soup appears to have more points in Canada - why - does anyone know?? Also HOW do you get 2 oz pork chops. When mine were cooked they weighed 5 and 6 oz. This sure changed the points per serving. Can someone out there help with this.

Thanks

Gloria

Thinwomen

[ September 22, 2003, 07:10 AM: Message edited by: thinwomen ]

Boy this sounds great! I have been trying more and more to use my Crock pot just for convinence factor, and I LOVE pork chops! I can't wait to try this!

Heather

Lbs. Lost so far 42.8!!!<br /><br />sw/191.2(12/31/02)<br />cw/148.4 <br />gw/129

Guest Tina_30

I've made this several times and it is SO good, my husband LOVES it. It truly is easy and takes just minutes to prepare, I get it ready the night before so I only have to take it out of the fridge and turn it on - saves so much time and its like eating restaurant food, I love how tender the pork is, I love it more than grilled chops now, it just falls off the bone. I don't eat onions but I put them on the bottom and they add flavor and I just don't put them on my plate. I use those whole mini mushrooms you can buy in a jar and they are soooo good too - definately one of my favorite dishes.

I am new to crockpot cooking. I followed the directions and felt the pork was a bit dry. I see from the other posts a couple other people experienced that. I don't know if a shorter cooking time would help but I probably won't try it again because I don't want to accidentally undercook pork!

~Shannon~267.4/267.4/177~Re-started WW 12/2/2009~

**************Working on 5%!!!**************

weight.png

Made this..................DH and kids loved it.....too good!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jen~~

recommited June 21/07

starting W-187

cw-174.8

10% goal-169

weight.png

April challenge-get to 170

I made this today and it was delicious.

Being English and not quite understanding some of the ingredients, i made some changes , but then i always do that anyway.:kiss:

I had no idea what the onion soup mix was so i replaced it with a tin of french onion soup which i knew would also make it wetter as some people had complained that it was too dry.

I also substituted the chopped onions for little baby onions (shallots) and i finished by adding some sage, for that extra flavour.

I cooked it slowly all day in the oven as i dont have a crockpot~it was beautiful and everyone wants to know when i will be making it again :)

Thanks for sharing the recipe;)

5ft 7"

Started WW 13th July 05

SW 192

CW 179

GW 150

Total losses 13 pounds

Guest metalchick

NOW i know what to do with those pork chops in my freezer! this is next on my list to make.

:p

** Bumping this up again ** :jump_jack It REALLY is GOOD !!!

Ya-Ya Sisterhood name: Viscountess Cheshire Kitten

Recomitted - Feb 18, 2006 - 219/200.2/5 more / 5' 7"

Total Loss - 18.8 :D

1st mini goal - 10 % = 198

2nd mini goal - Overweight not Obese BMI = 191 lbs

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." --Theodore Roosevelt

Guest Sisse

This is so good! Total comfort food! Thanks for the great recipe!