Health Discovery Network
LegalEagle

CROCKPOT MEXICAN CHICKEN

I can answer the question about draining the black beans. You should always drain them and rinse them under running water to get the sodium out of them. The foam you will see is the sodium. I would also drain the corn.

If you can't find chicken tenders just use boneless skinless raw chicken breasts and cut them in 1 1/2 inch strips length wise. The tenders are that strip of the breast that is on the under side. Generally has a white vein in it. I cut that part off. Costco sells them in the frozen food section.

Ann

ann p

Guest Nix

I am making this tonight, but did not know if I should drain the corn & beans so I drained about 1/2 the corn & did not draind the beans (I am subing jalepena pinto beans instead of the black beans). My is almost done & looks very "soupy". I had forgotten where I found this recipe, but now found it & looked back on some of the replies & find out you DO drain the corn & beans. Well, I made some corn bread for DH & maybe that will soak up some of the juices. How many points will it be by me substituting the pintos? It really is smelling good right now!

Nix

I made this again the other day and love it!! I added green peas and mushrooms to it for a little change (just stir in the peas when it's done so they don't get mushy), and then served it with a blop of FF cottage cheese on top. I also subbed kidney beans, but black beans are better in this dish, I think.

Super, super yummy! :exercise2

---Katie, CEO of Me, Inc & living my new-normal

highest:375(fall '98),5'4"//11-19-08 WW restart:277//current:247//2nd 10%:225//NEXT MINI GOAL:239//goal:150

*He leadeth me.

Guest TexAg

This sounds so good! Ok...this is also on my list of foods to try this weekend! (Along with the famous oatmeal thingie!) :)

Guest Tina_30

I made this today and DH and I both loved it.

Bumping up - it's a keeper!! :kiss:

Guest TexAg

I made the chicken this weekend and had a friend over for dinner. We both loved it!!! I had plenty of leftovers to freeze!

I made this tonight for dinner and it was excellent. Everyone loved it, even my picky eater dd. There's hardly any left over. It's a good, hearty, nutritious meal, high in protein and fiber. It was so easy too! I won't even have to look up the recipe next time. :crazy: Oh, and I used frozen corn instead of canned. I like the taste much better. Try it, you'll like it!

Mary

For those of you who asked about draining the corn and beans - my guess is yes. Otherwise, it would turn out really soupy. Anyone who's tried this recipe want to agree? Disagree?

Anne

Guest JmoMOMto3

yummy i am going to try this tomorrow... thanks

Guest metalchick

i like mine soupy, but that's just me

i made this to get rid of some really nasty (la victoria) salsa and realized, yes, the quality of salsa really does make a difference

but mixing in some plain yogurt or sour cream really made a difference and saved the recipe.

My chicken came out a little overcooked (I leftg it in a little longer than I should have) I did drain and rinse the corn and beans. I would say drain the corn, dont drain the beans. Thats just my opinion, it came out a tad watery.

We had this with baked tostitoes and FF s cream, sort of like a dip.

I tried this recipe for dinner when I had family visiting....it was great! Some wanted to put this over rice and others used a tortilla/wrap.

Very good and easy....I used a bag of frozen niblet corn instead of cannned....yum!:D

Diane

SW 329.8/CW 306.8

total: 22.2

Goal: 4 weeks to twoterville!

This has been a favorite in my family for a few years. We call it "Santa Fe Chicken" and I make it just a bit differently...

Combine the corn, beans and half the jar of salsa in the crockpot

Top with boneless, skinless chicken breasts

Pour the rest of the salsa over the chicken

To serve -

Remove chicken and shred (I use 2 forks). Dish out corn, bean, salsa mixture with a slotted spoon. Roll chicken, corn, beans & salsa in a tortilla (I use LaTortilla - 1 pt), add 1 Tbsp. shredded Kraft 2% Four Cheese Mexican Blend ( 1/2 pt), roll up and eat. YUM!

* I drain the corn and rinse the beans

Tiffany - My Pictures

Conceive * Believe * Achieve

Don't give up... don't ever give up

HW234/SW220/CW199.8/GW135

ONEderland - 6/6/05

1st 10% - 6/13

2nd 10% - 11/7

50 lb loss! - 1/30/06

Re-Start - 9/18/07

~ ~ *~ ~ * ~ ~ * ~ ~ * ~ ~ * ~ ~ * ~ ~ * ~ ~

Guest boodah93

Can I just say...... "YUMMY"!!!!!!!!!!

One to try, and one to keep!! I loved it and couldn't stop picking at it!! :p

Thanks to Legal for putting it up!!

Had to post - made this today and loved it! Even my husband was a big fan and he isn't on WW... not that he knows of anyway!!

Definitely a keeper; I drained and rinsed the beans and used frozen corn because we didn't have any canned. Yum!

My diet blog.

Guest Hailey

Sounds like another winner.

bumping up

Alissa

Start Date - 12/2009

HW 158

CW 152

WW GW 137 PGW 130

weight.png

bump because I love this recipe!

Stats

Height: 4'11

1st Mini Goal: Get in the 150s!

2nd Mini Goal: 10% 149.4

weight.png

Oh I will be trying this one this week. We will porbally have it with tortilla chips or tortilla wraps :) yummy I cann't wait to try it.

SW: 171 CW:155 GW: 130

Thanks for the bump, will definately be trying this out this week!

Jackie ~SW: 160/CW:155/GW: 130

Does anyone know if using fresh salsa would be okay in this recipe. I bought a big jar and need to use it up! I'm not a good cook and I don't know these things! Thanks!

Stats

Height: 4'11

1st Mini Goal: Get in the 150s!

2nd Mini Goal: 10% 149.4

weight.png