Health Discovery Network
LegalEagle

Deli Roasted Chicken

I have sent DH out on a crock pot acquisition mission.

I have GOT to try this recipe!!

Peeking my nose in at the other crock recipes as well, otherwise this will be one pricey chicken...hehe

Karen

Joined WW + BCB 07/09/11

Then:

SW 252

GW 166.4

Lifetime, 5/27/02

Now:

CW 213

It's not how much I have to lose, but how much I stand to gain

http://www.geocities.com/diamonddoll52/Finding_me.html

Guest deborahdarling

Yum- I made this yesterday and it was great. My chicken was about 5 lbs and I cooked it for about 5.5 hours- a bit too long. Next time I'll turn it off at 4.5 hrs. It tasted great and literally fell apart!

Debbie

OK! DH got a beautiful, oval Rival crock pot. My chicken is defrosting and I am anxious to try this.

My chicken is about 4 lbs.

Would you say about four hours on high for this size???

Karen

Joined WW + BCB 07/09/11

Then:

SW 252

GW 166.4

Lifetime, 5/27/02

Now:

CW 213

It's not how much I have to lose, but how much I stand to gain

http://www.geocities.com/diamonddoll52/Finding_me.html

Guest badgurl

I don't know what my problem is but I read this thread several times and can't seem to see where she posted the way she made gravy. I see where the gravy was talked about but not posted.

I know its just me and I'm not seeing it. Can someone help me.

Hi, I bumped the gravy recipe for you. Make sure you have the Bell's seasoning when you make it. That's what makes it so special.

Enjoy!

Dawna

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby

WOW! After reading all three pages this is definitly going to be Saturday nights dinner. I can't wait to try it. I'm only waiting until Saturday so I don't make the mistake and let it cook to long. Thanks for the recipe, Dawna

I'll have to make sure to try the gravy, too!

Suckers ;)

100lbs gone on 6-16-06

SW 284.6/CW 174.4/WWGW 150/PGW 135

110.2 lbs Gone Forever!!!!

Intentions make all the difference. Being mindful and attentive to your inner state is key to making outward changes that matter and last.

I made this this past weekend using a 7 lb turkey breast, and it turned out absolutely fantastic! :D DH has now requested this be a regular.

Thanks for a great recipe!

Leila

The donut I didn't eat = 0 Points

You're welcome, :D

I sometimes forget about this recipe until I see a post here. I'm going to make it over the weekend in my big oval crock.

Hugs, wave.gif

Dawna

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby

I make a similar version every 2 weeks or so in my crock pot...

I wash the chicken and pat dry, cut off obvious fat around the tail cavity,etc. (in fact, I remove the tail, as well), tuck the wings in and sprinkle with poultry seasoning and paprika (for flavor and color). Do not add liquid and cook all day on low. I don't use foil, and sometimes I spray the chicken with Pam before seasoning it.

Even my teenage daughter who "hates" chicken loves this recipe. I add veggies, mashed potatoes w/ff gray to complete this easy home-cooked ;) meal.

(My directions came from the Houston Chronicle a few (several?) years ago.)

You are what you eat!<br /><br />*********************************

Today I made the deli roasted chicken in the crock pot and it was a roaring success!!!

Thanks for the recipe buddie. bcbsalute.gif

Guest zip

Had this chicken tonight... It was really great, love chicken anyway... Forgot to turn the slowcooker on High, so I cooked it on slow for 7 hrs. Still was great. Thanks wave.gif

I tried this recipe today, I even let it cook for 8 hours and it was soooo wonderful! I highly recommend this. I shared this recipe with my WW group tonight. My DH stood over the crockpot and ate the rest of the chicken right off the bones! I think this is a winner! THANKS ALOT FOR POSTING!

Bede

OP since July 2, 2007<br />241/239/150<br />PG: 145<br />"Never give up on a goal because of the time it will take to accomplish it." "The time will pass anyway."

bumping this up for the new Gravy #2 recipe

"When we go back to the Old way of eating ,

we go back to the Old weight...." Author Unknown

Dawn

Hi buddies,

I got a chicken in my fridge that I know just what to do with.... smile.gif I will report in tomorrow night and let you know what our verdict was.

I'm already hungry for it.

Thanks, Dawna.

Diane

237 - 1/3/6

198.8 - 12/30/08

"Live each day as if it's the BEST day of your life!"

Guest heidi_g

OMG! This recipe is a definite keeper! I love rotisserie chicken and this tastes just as good. In fact, it's even better...I'm not tempted by that fabulous crispy skin! crazy.gif

I tried this recipe the other night. DH raved about it. It WAS good.

I think I need to make the aluminum balls a little bigger next time and I will put the seasoned salt inside the chicken.

Thanks, Dawna. :D

Diane

Diane

237 - 1/3/6

198.8 - 12/30/08

"Live each day as if it's the BEST day of your life!"

I tried this on Sunday, and even though it was good, it wasn't as great as what I was expecting. The chicken tasted like plain old chicken to me. The skin did not crisp up (and no, I don't eat the skin), and I didn't really get the deli flavour that I was expecting. I'm wondering if I'm not using enough tin foil or something. I crumpled the tin foil balls up tight and put in enough so that the chicken didn't sit on the bottom of the crock pot. Used a meat thermometer to make sure I cooked it to the right temp.

Any suggestions from those of you who have had success?

Donna in Calgary, Alberta

SW: Apr. 3/02: 226.6

CW: Aug/09: 163.8

GW: 136

http://photobucket.com/albums/c94/darkscore/My%20Pictures/?

My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely! :p

Bumping this. I made this yesterday. It was fantastic.

Sarah

Sarah

196.8/173/150/140

Start(first time W/I)/Current/WWGoal/Personal Goal

April 26, 2008 Began my journey back to Goal.

5-9-08 Began Core

10-25-08-Made goal

12-4-08-Made Lifetime

11-29-09-Starting again

Where's the gravy recipe? I've read this entire thread twice and I can't find it! Is it in a different forum? :confused:

Thanks for any help

~Marcia

HW-192/CW-160/GW-152

"When you're on a journey without an end, make sure you're enjoying the ride." -CW

Marcia, I will find it & bump it up for you. It's on this thread, just a different post.

Dawna

I have made this last night for the second time and it is great. I made it in my larger crockpot this time and I think it roasted better than when I literally stuffed it into my smaller pot.

I put cajun seasoning on mine and then baked it a little in the oven to crisp it up a bit.

This is a real keeper! Thanks for posting it!

Carla

Carla

Mommy to Catie (4)

SW 188.6

CW 167.6

WW goal 165

Personal Goal 155

This sounds great....I definitely want to try it....how many aluminum foil balls do you make...and how big? Like the size of golf balls??

Any help would be great! Thanks! smile.gif

I may occasionally give in, but I'll never give up!

Guest slave2cats

3 golf-ball sized ones are just right for me. You want to lift the bird out of the juices (read FAT) and also crockpots cook at the halfway up mark, not the bottom.

I have a small crockpot, and I made this with chicken parts - I used a foil pie plate to raise the chicken off the floor of the crockpot. The chicken is tender and moist, and I am looking forward to dinner tonight!

Gaining Momentum and losing weight!

Guest NewMeIn2003

Hi Dawna,

Do you trim any of the fat off the chicken prior to cooking it? Or trim it after? I wonder if the aluminum foil intensifies the heat in the crock.. Just a thought. Thanks Janet wave.gif