Health Discovery Network
LegalEagle

Deli Roasted Chicken

It's never been an issue with me. The chicken renders a good bit of liquids, but remains moist. I do spray the crockpot liner with olive oil to prevent sticking.

This recipe generates its own liquid as it cooks. I've made it a couple of times.

I had the same concerns, but am hearing that people are making crock pot foods without liquids and it's ok. You could do it on the weekend when you're home with it, or at least in and out fo the house.

Someone on another forum posted that she made a roast in a crockpot without any liquid, and it was so good that she'll do it this way from now on. I haven't tried that yet.

Tish

Onward and Downward

Thanks to Tish and Llama Mama for their responses. I tried this on Sunday, and I had no problems at all......despite my concerns. I'll do this again for sure, but I admit doing a roast in the crock has me intrigued a bit. (Especially with not using any additional liquids).

Karen

HERE WE GO AGAIN !! :bcbkickbu

STGoal #1: 200 lbs

Losses to date: 8.3 lbs

I had good results but a little overdone. Will do an hour less each time in future till I find when it slices rather than flakes. Have passed it on to several very enthusiastic friends.

marge

SW: 206

GW: 146

CW: 166. 8:bcb_march

40#: 2/5; 45# 4/1; 50# 4/29

weight.png

Dumb question...

Does "back side down" mean the chicken is placed in the crockpot upside down, so the white meat is on the bottom?

**Sharyn**

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane!" ~ Jimmy Buffet

SW: 169

CW: 161

GW: 140

I tried this yesterday and LOVED it...despite the fact that my crock pot died about two hours in and I had to transfer it to a smaller one.

It was so good and moist and so easy to make.

I'm not sure if it's the white meat on the bottom, I never really paid much attention. But, put it in there with the breast part up. My chicken had one of those nifty gadgets in it that pops out when it's all cooked. That was on the side that goes up. So maybe yours will have that too. :bcb_smile

Laura

Read about my family...

lcorsaro.blogspot.com

Here I go again...4/19/10

SW: 293 :bcb_cry:

through ups and downs in my weight loss over years, this recipe has stayed with us. my dh and i love this recipe.

NOTE: WE USE DRUMSTICKS AND LINE THE CROCK POT WITH ONE OF THE LINERS. EASY CLEAN UP!

SW:231.6

CW:231.1

GW #1: 200

Week #: 1

Meghan

Apparently I'm alone in this, but I didn't find this recipe fantastic. Perhaps if the Lawry's was substituted - I think that's what made it :bcb_sick: to me.

I must be the only one..so maybe it's me!

Trish HW: 190 SW: 170 CW: 164.2 GW: 135ish

I love this recipe and have used it for years now....it is one of those recipes that sticks with you even when you are "not" doing weight watchers for whatever reason, so it is exactly what WW is about..lifestyle changes.

I rarely make the whole chicken, i make drumsticks usually. My sister uses her leftovers to make chicken noodle soup. I do not recommend making it with boneless skinless chicken breasts because they end up really dry.

SW:231.6

CW:231.1

GW #1: 200

Week #: 1

Meghan

I have been making this for 8 years now. Still love it!

*~LINDA~*

HW 386

SW 330

CW 284.2

GW 174

PW 150's

LOST: 102.2 lbs

5'10"