Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
mimi

Crock Pot Beef Burgundy

Hey everyone!

I adapted this recipe from Cooking Light's Five Star Favorites. It's terrific! The burgundy sauce is on the thin side, but you need it with the thick noodles. The cool thing about this recipe is that the long cooking time eliminates the need to brown the beef or cook down the wine. Enjoy!

BEEF BURGUNDY

2-1/2 lbs. round steak

4 cloves garlic, minced

1 bag frozen whole onions

1 lb. fresh mushrooms, cleaned and quartered

1-1/2 C burgundy or other dry red wine

1 packet onion-mushroom soup mix

1/2C water

3T flour

1 can beef consomme

1 can 98% FF Cream of Mushroom Soup

1 bag medium egg noodles

1/2C FF sour cream

1/4C grated parmesan

Slice beef into 1" chunks and place in Crock Pot. Sprinkle with garlic and soup mix. Pour wine over all. Whisk together flour and water and pour over beef. Add onions and mushrooms. Pour consomme over all, then spread mushroom soup on top. Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours.

Before serving, cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and return to pan. Toss with sour cream and parmesan until well-coated.

One serving = 1C noodle mixture topped with 3/4C beef mixture

9 POINTS per serving :D

Mimi,

This looks delicious! I'm definitely going to try this now that it's time for more hearty meals.

Thank you for posting!

Paula

179.2/137.2/145(WWG)/135 (PG)

Lifetime since May 1988

Back On Program since November 29, 2008

YUUUUUUMMMMMM!!!

I love beef burgundy and I love my crock pot.

Thanks!!!

Pat<br /><br />A jouney of 1000 miles begins with the first step.<br /><br /><br />SW: 335.8 (original)<br />SW: 315 (second time around)<br />CW: 288<br />WG: 135

This sounds delicious! I go back to work on Jan 2nd I like to use the crock pot I don't have to start thinking about what to make for dinner That's when I get into trouble Thanks for the new idea smile.gif