Health Discovery Network
pluumeria

Hot Fudgie Crockpot Cake

I have not made this yet, but it just sounds really good and fun. Who would think you could make a cake in the crockpot. I will definitely try it!! smile.gif

Hot Fudgie Cake

Serves 15

4pts

3 cups skim milk

1 box(5oz.)ff chocolate cook and serve pudding mix

1 box(18-25oz.)super moist chocolate fudge cake mix

1-1/3 cups water

1/2 cup applesauce

6 egg whites

-Spray 3-1/2 quart crockpot with nonfat cooking spray.

-Mix skim milk with dry pudding mix in crockpot until completely dissolved with whisk.

-In medium bowl, mix dry cake mix, water, applesauce and egg whites with whisk for 2 min or until well blended.

-Very gently pour batter over pudding mixture in crockpot. DO NOT MIX!!!!!

-Cover and cook on high for 2-1/2 hours.

-Serve Hot.

I think I will make this sunday! Its a little high in points(4) for cake, but Im hoping its very satisfy for my chocolate sweet tooth!! :D

Sincerely,

Carla

~Food wasted is better than food waisted!

~Iceberg lettuce is perhaps the most aptly named plant in the world and should be avoided as though you were the Titanic with a second chance.

Let us know how this turns out. It sounds yummy but how in the world would you be able to cut it into servings. lol

Wendy smile.gif

That sound WONDERFUL! and 4 points isn't bad at all!! let us know

~Mandy<br />********Stats**********<br />over 40 lbs gone forever!<br />244.6/200/138<br />SW/CW/GW<br />Rejoined WW on 6/13/02!!<br />~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<br />Summer Boot Camp 6/21-8/31 <br />(Visit the Goals and Countdowns Board)<br />SBC Start: 201.2<br />SBC Current: 199.8<br />SBC Goal: 179.2 (22 lbs)<br />SBC Lost: 1.4 lbs

Ok I finally made this...and it was sooo good!! It was such a moist cake almost sponge like. It was very easy to serve. Since my crockpot is round I just sliced it like a pie and scooped out.

Well thats when the real surprise came... :eek: there on the bottom of the crockpot was the pudding all hot and bubbly and I spooned it over the cake slices!!!

So thats why they said DO NOT STIR, when pouring in cake mix!

It was a wonderful cake so I hope you give it a try!

smile.gif

Sincerely,

Carla

~Food wasted is better than food waisted!

~Iceberg lettuce is perhaps the most aptly named plant in the world and should be avoided as though you were the Titanic with a second chance.

Bump...this sounds so good!

Mary<br /> VERY PROUD ARMY WIFE<br /> VERY PROUD MOTHER<br /><br />highest weight: 224<br />Start Date: April 17, 2003 <br />SW: 200<br />CW: 190<br />GW: 145 <br />Point range: 22-27

**bump**

(so I can find this again later) We're thinking of having a "chocolate" day this Wednesday in honor of Valentine's, and I was thinking of making this. :D

(Then there would be at least ONE OP chocolate 'goodie' I could indulge in and not feel guilty about.

bcbsalute.gif

TracyD

HW/SW: 253.2 (6/15/10)

CW: 195.8

WI Tuesday mornings

My goal 10,000 fitness minutes in 2011.

This sounds soooooooo gewd. I can't get the same brand cake mix here but will find

S O M E T H I N G similar, I hope.

Thanks.

I am going to try this tomorrow for Valentines Day and serve with FF frozen yogurt. Sounds yummy!

Debra

Highest weight 286

If I can dream it, I can be it...

:bike:

Guest NewMeIn2003

Yum, this will be a good Valentine treat, thanks. Jan

Guest jmjgtodd

I wonder if you could adapt this to the mini crockpot? Otherwise, I will be having 54 points of chocolate cake (4 points! to my husband the rest to me!!!) :( But if I could make a much smaller portion, I think it would be safer. Anyone tried a smaller recipe? It's just my husband and myself.

I am going to try making this today. Sorry I wouldn't know if you could cut it back I guess you could just half all the ingredients. I bumped up a non crock pot recipe in the desserts forum you may want to try called hot fudge pudding cake that may be a similar taste to this but just makes 2 servings.

Debra

Highest weight 286

Guest kimkimmie

This was bumped a lot for Valentine's day last year - I may try this out this year...

Kim

This sounds absolutly wonderful! We make something similar but different using a coffee mug. A cake mix can be broken into 8 servings, I store each serving in baggies and use them as I desire. Each serving can be cooked with a few tablespoons of diet soda in the microwave. I mix a few tablespoons of pudding and milk and drizzle it over the top, sometimes I melt a york ppmt pattie or a couple of caramels... I'll have to try it on the bottom instead.

Anyway, I wonder if this could be made substituting the 8oz of diet soda to the cake mix to cut a few points... hmmm... might be worth trying.

I'll let ya'll know.

Lara

~~ Lara ~~

The world is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.

Live, Live Live!

weight.png

Guest Stacyhdx

Are there really 5 oz boxes of pudding? I only found the 1.3oz's of the cook and serve pudding...

Guest Stacyhdx

1 more question..are they 1/2 c. servings?

Thanks (im making it now lol, but im confused)

I made this over the weekend and had a problem - it took 4 hours to cook! We didn't have it for dessert on the intended night because of this. I "reheated" it in the crock the next evening, but I am sure it would have been better had we had it the first day. Going to try again soon :)

Gina

5/7

SW 175 07/02

Goal 150 09/2003

Now 155

http://www.picturetrail.com\gina.1

"You have to have confidence in your ability and then be tough enough to follow through." Rosalynn Carter

We have made this a few times and it is wonderful! It's hot and fudgie and quite filling! Actually I love this recipe for the summertime because I don't have to heat up the kitchen to have a great dessert. It's great on the weekends because we always seem to stay up late playing cards and it makes a great late night snack with our coffee.

Lara

~~ Lara ~~

Live, Live Live!

weight.png

Guest metalchick

so what's a mini crockpot? i just have a little 4 qt. will it be big enough for this and other bcb recipes?

We are having a bunch of people over today and I decided to make this for dessert.... with one twist. My husband requested lemon cake and pudding. I'll let ya'll know how this turns out!

~~ Lara ~~

Live, Live Live!

weight.png

I made the lemon version of this yesterday and it as very good. It looked so pretty dished out, it looked like a layer cake with pudding between the layers. My SIL can't wait for me to do butterscotch pudding (with what cake I'm not sure).

~~ Lara ~~

Live, Live Live!

weight.png

I would think maybe a spice cake mix with the butterscoth pudding would be good?

Debra

Highest weight 286

Oh yeah! That sounds yummy. I'll try that this next weekend, to have Saturday night while we are hanging out, playing games.

Thanks!

~~ Lara ~~

Live, Live Live!

weight.png

bumping up another one :)

~ Pam ~

homeschooling mom to 3 girls

"It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not." James Gordon, M.D.

weight.png