Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
Tanya344

"baked" potatoes???

Has anyone thought of or seen a receipe for baked potatoes in a pressure cooker? I've seen creamed potato receipes but not baked.

Also, has anyone come across a good low fat pressure cooker cookbook.

And one more thing, I've come across a receipe for cheesecake in a pressure cooker but it specifically says not to use the lower fat versions of cream cheese, etc because the higher water content would keep it from setting up. I thought of trying it and adding a little knox geletin or do you think that would be gross. I hate to waste cream cheese if it sounds like a bad idea.

Please share your thoughts.

Tanya <br />"Be the change you want to see happen, instead of trying to change everyone else. Receive all persons as beautiful exactly where they are. Provide people with opportunities to give. Perceive problems as opportunities. Have no expectations, but rather abundant expectancy. Create your own reality consciously, rather than living as though you had no control over your life."-String of Pearls <br />OP since 7/17/01<br />LIFETIME 11/20/01<br />161/138.8/142

I've never done baked potatoes in the pressure cooker but it's pretty easy in the crock pot. Just ball up three large pieces of aluminum foil to put in the bottom and lay the potatoes on top and cook for 6-8 hours on low.

Weight loss to date: -78lbs.<br />Pounds to go: 35!

I tried them in the pressure cooker last night. I put 1 cup of water in the bottom and put in the vegetable tray. I quartered the potatoes and put them in. Brought the pressure up and cooked for 8 minutes (the pressure cooker suggested 7-10 minutes) and brought the pressure down quickly (under tap water). They turned out fine for what I needed them for--I served turkey chili over them. This would also work well for mashed potatoes (which is what I am going to use the leftovers for tonight).

Gillie, thanks for the crockpot idea too!

Tanya <br />"Be the change you want to see happen, instead of trying to change everyone else. Receive all persons as beautiful exactly where they are. Provide people with opportunities to give. Perceive problems as opportunities. Have no expectations, but rather abundant expectancy. Create your own reality consciously, rather than living as though you had no control over your life."-String of Pearls <br />OP since 7/17/01<br />LIFETIME 11/20/01<br />161/138.8/142