Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
LegalEagle

"Crockette" Chops

Hi everyone, This is a real family fav., very quick & easy, and it can be made in one of those little, baby, crocks.

Enjoy!

3 servings // 3=points ea.

3 lean, 2 oz.ea, chops- partially frozen

1 small onion sliced

1 green pepper, cut in rings

4 T. no-sodium ketchup (by Heinz)

2 T. brown sugar, packed

1. spray "baby" crock with pam.

2. Place onion in bottom.

3. Place chops on top.

4. top with pepper, ketchup, & brown sugar.

cook 7-8 hours.

Note: baby crock only has one temp. setting (med.)

Manga! This is really, really good & easy.

Dawna

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby

Guess this will go on my menu this week also :D :D

~~April~~<br /><br />The great thing in this world is not so much where we stand, but in what direction we are moving. <br />-- Oliver Wendell Holmes <br /><br />HW 325<br />SW 311<br />cw 280.8<br />GW 145

Hi Dawna,

Thanks for all your crockpot recipes! I just had my 3rd baby and these work wonders for me. But now I have to ask "What's a chop?". Is it pork chops? lamb chops?

Thanks,

Tena

Tena, Your post gave me a chuckle! It made me realize "chop" does sound funny & who would know what it was? Sorry about that....

I used pork chops in this recipe. The pork chops are 2 oz. ea., lean,boneless, center cut, with all fat removed, before I put them in the crock.

Enjoy!

Dawna wave.gif

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby

Guest autumnbskt

Geez Dawna!

How many crock pots do you own? LOL! A baby crock? Is that less than one quart? I have a really tiny one for cheese sauces and such but I don't think I could fit several pork chops in there. BTW I purchased an oval crock this last W/E so I could make your famous deli chicken for a crowd. ( I thought the crock at our cabin was a 6 quart, however when I tried to stuff an 8 pound bird in a 4 quart crock, it looked quite comical! Either the rear end was sticking over the top or the legs were.) I had to make a quick run to the local Dept. store in order to be able to cook the chicken. I ended up with a 6 1/2 qt oval by (Hamilton Beach?) which did a fantastic job. Got great raves, only problem is I have a hard time trying not to keep sampling while trying to get it in the frig after dinner! LOL!

Hi Autumn, I have four crocks. My baby is 1-1/2 quarts and it fits 3 pork chops. When I am only making this recipe for three, I use the baby. With 4 porkchops, I use the next size up, I think it is a 3-1/2 qt. Then I have a 5 qt., which has something called auto-shift, and of course, my 7qt. oval.

Enjoy!

Dawna

One word for these.....YUMMY. They were a huge hit with my family. Thanks thumbup.gif .

redhed933<br />SW:237.2<br />recommited 05/25/04<br />sw:221<br />cw:215<br />GW:147

Thanks for the compliment, and thanks for bumping this up. I had forgotten about it, and now, I'm going to make it for tonight.

Hugs,

Dawna