Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
krumsey

2 weeks down..

Hey There,

I finally started WW 2 weeks ago and am a little disappointed at my 2.8 loss. I know that it is a loss and every loss counts but think I was expecting more. Anyway, I am on my way and I look forward to reading success stories and getting LOTS of help from all you guys.....

Start Weight: 162

Present Weight: 159.2

My WW Goal: 140

Guest quiltertdh

Great job, keep up the good work

Guest cccklc

Your stats are very similar to mine, so I thought I would let you know of my experience. I also did not experience the 3-4 pound losses at first like you sometimes see at the meetings. I did have a 4.5 loss one week but that was after gaining 5 from a surgery that I had.

Remember, that typically those BIG losses at first are a result of water loss. Plus, it usually is in direct proportion with how much weight you ultimately want to lose. Someone wanting to lose 100 pounds is going to lose more at first than someone wanting to lose 20.

You are right that any loss is a good loss. I remember losing .2 one week and jumping around like it was 20!! The way I thought about it was that I can't lose a pound without losing .2 pounds first!! Plus, that was .2 pounds I would NEVER see again.

By the way, I got to my goal weight (18 pounds lost) in approximately 3 1/2 months. I then maintained and dropped 2 more pounds to make lifetime 02/02/02. I have dropped 4 more since then. So, the plan DOES work.

Hang in there.