Health Discovery Network
Charski

Chicken Cordon Bleu ala Crockpot

Chicken Cordon Bleu ala Crockpot

Serves 6, 6 points per serving

6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, pounded to even thickness

6 slices packaged RF ham (the kind I used is 35 cals. per slice)

6 sticks RF Swiss cheese, ½ oz. each

1 can 98% FF cream of mushroom soup

1 can 98% FF cream of chicken soup

1/4 cup dry white wine or vermouth

Place one slice of ham, and one slice of cheese on each chicken breast. Roll up tightly and place, seam side down, in crockpot which has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, layering if necessary. Combine soups and wine or vermouth; pour over chicken. Cover; cook on low for 4-6 hours.

NOTE: this is excellent served with bulgur or rice, count points for side dishes. You can substitute milk or chicken broth for the wine if desired.

I pound the breasts between sheets of waxed paper with the flat side of a meat mallet; a rolling pin also works, just pound with it instead of rolling! I have a round 4.5 quart crockpot, so put 3 breasts in the bottom, sprayed them with butter flavored cooking spray, and alternated the remaining 3 over the tops, then poured the soup mixture over all.

For a pretty presentation, slice each breast into ½” slices to reveal the inside – serve over a spoonful of the sauce and sprinkle with chopped fresh chives if desired.

Made this tonight for the first time and it was really delicious! Fit for company!

Char

Sounds wonderful! I have to try this. Thanks for posting!

Lori

start 208

current 193

goal ww 158

goal personal 148

highest 242

"Don't tell God how big the storm is, instead tell the storm how big your God is."

Guest Friendlybyte

Thanks for posting!! smile.gif I just love chicken Cordon Bleu!!! :D

Have a great OP day!

Cindy~*

I made this one Monday night - our first home-cooked meal in our new house and it was SO GOOD!!!!! DH loved it ~ thanks for sharing!

Christine

:D :D :D

208.2/169.5/144

SW/CW/WW Goal (PG TBD)

Oh mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn this was good!

I wanted to get a straw and stand at the kitchen counter and drink the rest of the sauce.

Thanks, Charski smile.gif

Kimba

CORE and lovin' it

Hello,

I am new to this board...I have a lot of questions to ask but this recipe sounds absolutely delicious and I will try. What is DaVinci syrup and bulgar? I am willing to try all different types of food because obviously I like to eat. But the Cordon Bleu ala Crockpot will be on my menu tomorrow night.

Katy

Ya Ya: Queen Who Drinks Like-A-Fish

SW: 232.4 (08/16/02

Dr.G. 180.0

PG: 155.0

LIFETIME: 06/18/04

Slow and steady like the turtle.

I think I just found Sunday nights dinner! My Kids love chicken cordon bleu(they will eat 2 each)I can't wait for them to try this recipe. Thanks for such great recipes I love to cook and your helping me have an OP day easier.

Thanks for sharing

Lori smile.gif

100lbs gone on 6-16-06

SW 284.6/CW 174.4/WWGW 150/PGW 135

110.2 lbs Gone Forever!!!!

Intentions make all the difference. Being mindful and attentive to your inner state is key to making outward changes that matter and last.

My mouth is watering right now just thinking of this recipe. :D :D

I'm going to make it Wed nite, but the only thing I cannot get here in England is the FF or RF soups. They do have Campbell's here but not reduced calorie, so I guess I will have to add more points for each serving.

Thanks for the great post.

Sandi

I had to bring something for lunch for my team at work, so I am now cooking this in a crockpot under my desk!!!

I SURE HOPE ITS GOOD!!! :eek: crazy.gif

Jamie<br /><br />"The deepest personal defeat suffered by human beings is constituted by the difference between what one was capable of becoming and what one has in fact become." <br />-- Ashley Montagu

Made this one night this week for supper & it's absolutely to die for!! DH was impressed with his fancy supper. I won't tell him how easy it is to make LOL.

Lori

start 208

current 193

goal ww 158

goal personal 148

highest 242

"Don't tell God how big the storm is, instead tell the storm how big your God is."

Guest Tina_30

I made this on Friday - it turned out wonderful, thanks so much for posting! It is a KEEPER!!

BUMPING UP this delicious recipe. I printed it up 2 years ago, and finally made it tonight. icon14.gif icon14.gif icon14.gif Three thumbs up! OMG this was so good! Thanks for a delicious recipe.

:salut MT

a18ec6f08b2b3ca.gif

I made this for dinner tonight and it was absolutely DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The best part about it is that it was SUPER tasty and REALLY Simple to make. I reccommend this to anyone!

~*Maura*~

Recommitted on 1-25-10

First Goal: 40 pounds by 6-1-10

Yeah, this is still a favorite in our household! I have even made it for company. The sauce is especially delicious! If I have any sauce leftover I put a little over eggs the next morning! YUM!

a18ec6f08b2b3ca.gif

Guest Hailey

I can't wait to make this one.