Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
Charski

PC - Chicken & Spinach in Curried Marinara

1/2 cup FF chicken broth

2.5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces

1 20 ounce bag frozen chopped spinach

1.5 cups 0 Fat Marinara Sauce (I love Trader Joe's FF Mushroom)

1 tablespoon mild curry powder (more if you like)

1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste

Place chicken in 6 to 8 quart pressure cooker. Pour broth over chicken. Add frozen spinach over chicken. Mix curry powder into marinara sauce; pour over spinach. (Do not mix!)

Lock lid according to manufacturer. If using a digital PC, set to High pressure. If using stovetop PC, bring to high pressure over high heat, then reduce heat to maintain high pressure; cook 4 minutes.

Quick-release the pressure according to manufacturer's directions. Remove lid, taking care to let steam escape AWAY from you to avoid burns (I always open my digital PC with oven mitts on my hands - one time of steam-burning my thumbs was enough! :rolleyes: )

Stir well and adjust seasonings to taste - add more curry and/or salt if desired.

Serve over rice or bulgur (points not included in this recipe.)

Makes 6 servings, approx. 5 points per serving

NOTES: I only count the points for the cooked chicken in this recipe - the TJ's Marinara is 0 points per serving.

Char

Guest WCFD52

OH Char - this sounds wonderful, but is it really only 4 minutes? I can handle that!! I can't wait to try it. I forget what curry tastes like - do you think my kids will like this? Or will this be a Mom's cooking 2 meals tonight deal - no matter, if this one's done in 4 minutes I can make them grilled cheese at the same time!!

I'll come back with my report hopefully one night this week.

Keep those PC recipes coming - I haven't use mine nearly as much as I thought I would have.

Shannon bcbsalute.gif

Shannon, LOL! Well, you could always skip the curry powder in this one if you're worried they won't like it!

It really should be 4 minutes. I haven't tried it yet myself but thought it looked GREAT and didn't want to lose it so posted it here.

If you make if first, let me know, and I'll do likewise!!

Char

I'm feeling a bit reticent...

I LOVE curry...

And I LOVE marinara...

But I can't quite picture them together?!

I want to hear, too, when someone makes it! smile.gif I've done other chicken/lentil/spinach things and they were fast and delicious in the PC~ Carol

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

Guest WCFD52

Well, this is on my menu for dinner tonight, so I'll be back to report the results later!!

Shannon

Guest WCFD52

Ok - the Chicken & Spinach in Curried Marinara gets a thumbup.gif from us. It was really flavorful and smelled wonderful while it was cooking. It did take longer than 4 minutes though ugh.gif . I set it on High for 10 minutes initailly (because it seemes like all the chicken recipes were at least that long in the cookbook that came with the PC) and checked it. The chicken wasn't fully cooked. So I had to set it on High for another 8 minutes and it was done. Still fairly quick in the grand scheme of things!! I served it with Bulgur and it was a good choice.

Char - Do you think I should have browned the meat for a few minutes first? I also wasn't sure if I should use the little rack in the bottom of the pot, so I opted not to. I don't think it would have made a difference either way.

Anyone else make it yet?

Shannon bcbsalute.gif

Sounds wonderful, but the only problem is I don't have a PC. Do you think I can use a crock pot? :confused:

Thanks!

DeAnna

SW:218/CW:210/GW:140

I was wondering if we can use a crock pot??

what do you all think??

CeCe

SW/247 - 1/14/02

CW/129 - 118 lbs. gone 4ever!!

GW/130 - GOAL MADE 6-16-03!!!!

First 10% - March 25, 2002

Onederland/50 lbs - June 3, 2002

100lbs loss - January 26th, 2003

My pictures: <a href="http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?m=51126076303.71091208603&n=1652446678" target="_blank">http://www.ofoto.com/I.jsp?m=51126076303.71091208603&n=1652446678

I am in control of my life, my happiness and my Inner Brat!"

Well, on the homepage of Crockpots and Pressure Cookers Forum it says something, implying that the recipes can be used either way...one cooks "fast" and one cooks "slowly"!

I haven't paid attention to the specifics of this recipe, but the recipes on this board are supposedly interchangeable~ :wave:Carol

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

You know ladies, at first glance I was tempted to say that you would end up with a very thin marinara sauce in the crockpot with 1/2C broth and the marinara sauce too. But then I thought, you get just as much extra moisture in the crock as you do in the PC. So my "expert" judgment (which it is not) prompts me to say it would probably work out equally as well in either piece of equipment. I'd say go for it. :D

Carol: I have to say I'm with you on this one. I can't imagine curry with marinara either. But Shannon says it tastes good, so.......we'll have to try it.

JeanetteSki