Health Discovery Network
lyfer98

Pulled Pork with Diet Coke

I made this recipe from a WW Crockpot Cookbook last week and it was so easy and delicious. The whole family loved it.

1 1/2 - 2 lbs. boneless pork top loin

1 c. chopped onion

1 c. diet soda

1 c. barbecue sauce

Combine all ingredients in a crockpot. Cook covered on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 5-6 hours or until meat is very tender. One hour before serving, take 2 forks and pull the pork apart. It should be very tender by this time and just fall apart as you separate. Cook for the remaining hour on low setting.

Makes 8 servings-4 points per serving.

Serve it on your favorite bun or roll.

Bonnie

Returning Lifetime Member

The control center of my life is my attitude.

:bcb_march:bcb_march:bcb_march

(-7) - Week 1:bcb_bigsm

Guest ClaremoreZebraBandMom0407

Yuuuummm!!!!

This sounds so good - I'm going to make this today.

Guest ClaremoreZebraBandMom0407

I couldn't find a pork top loin, so I used a 2lb tenderloin. It was excellent, it made so much, more than 8 servings. I've still got about 12 oz or so left over. The only one of the family who wouldn't even try it was DD. She's decided she's kosher (she really doesn't even know what that means).

This is a keeper.

Sounds delish- this is going on my "must try" list smile.gif Thanks a bunch :D

Lori

start 208

current 193

goal ww 158

goal personal 148

highest 242

"Don't tell God how big the storm is, instead tell the storm how big your God is."

Think the same thing would work with boneless chicken? There's a restaurant down my way that makes awesome pulled chicken (plain, no sauce), so I'm thinking this might work for chicken.

Mmm... I might have to try that! smile.gif

bcbsalute.gif

TracyD

HW/SW: 253.2 (6/15/10)

CW: 195.8

WI Tuesday mornings

My goal 10,000 fitness minutes in 2011.

Bumping this up. Great recipe and very easy, it will come out totally different depending on which bbq sauce you use.

~Shannon~267.4/267.4/177~Re-started WW 12/2/2009~

**************Working on 5%!!!**************

weight.png

This is an awesome meal! I've served this to company w/ the KFC slaw recipe & received rave reviews- yummy.

Lori

start 208

current 193

goal ww 158

goal personal 148

highest 242

"Don't tell God how big the storm is, instead tell the storm how big your God is."

Guest jeremysmom

This sounds really yummy. I love the crock pot...it does most of the work. I wonder what other diet sodas you could use instead of diet coke?

Any diet cola would work, I guess you might try experimenting with diet sprite or diet 7 up too?

~Shannon~267.4/267.4/177~Re-started WW 12/2/2009~

**************Working on 5%!!!**************

weight.png

I got some peach salsa at Trader Joes, bet that would be good instead of bbq sauce with perhaps some diet sprite?

Cheryl

:salut

I'm making this recipe but using hot salsa and ketchup in place of the BBQ sause & onion ... I added chicken breast & pork chops ... so far the sause tasted great... will be back to share the final out come!

SW 330.0 lbs

1/28/2020 236.2

(Total loss 93.8)

Food was my anxiety drug.. before God became my EVERYTHING! He's my.. Helper, Comforter, Advocate, Intercessor, Counselor, Strengthener, and on Standby 24/7!!! John 14:16 (Amp)