Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
Guest raidermom

Tuna Noodle Dish

Guest raidermom

This is a JoAnna Lund recipe from her slowcooker cookbook titled "A Potful of Recipes". This is a comfort dish for me, I love it! I leave out the pimento and after the dish if finished, I put 2 points worth of crushed WoW chips on top and broil for a couple of minutes. (Old habits die hard ;) )

TUNA NOODLE DISH

2 6oz cans albacore tuna

1 3/4 cups uncooked noodles (I use No Yolks)

1 cup (one 4oz can) sliced mushrooms, drained

1/2 cup finely chopped onion

1 (10 3/4oz) can Healthy Request cream of mushroom soup

1/4 cup hot water

1/4 cup (one 2oz jar) chopped pimento, undrained

1 cup (one 8oz can) peas, rinsed and drained

1 tsp. dried parsley flakes

Spray a slow cooker container with butter-flavored cooking spray. In prepared container, combine tuna, uncooked noodles, mushrooms, and onion. Stir in mushroom soup, water, undrained pimento, peas, and parsley flakes. Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours. Mix well before serving.

Servings - 6 (2/3 cup)

Points per serving - 3

171 calories; 3g fat; 2g dietary fiber

Thanks for sharing! I'll be sure to give this a try very soon!

Lori

start 208

current 193

goal ww 158

goal personal 148

highest 242

"Don't tell God how big the storm is, instead tell the storm how big your God is."

Guest ClaremoreZebraBandMom0407

I love tuna casserole, but my family hates it...I wonder how well it would freeze. I can't believe this is only 3 pts per serving. I'm going to have to try it.

Made this recently & loved it thumbup.gif I can't remember the last time I made a tuna casserole. My DH loved it too. Thanks for another keeper smile.gif

Lori

start 208

current 193

goal ww 158

goal personal 148

highest 242

"Don't tell God how big the storm is, instead tell the storm how big your God is."

Hi, I would love to make this, however, DH can't stand anything with even a hint of "peas". For anyone who has already made this, any ideas on what I could substitute for the peas, if anything?

Thanks in advance,

Dawna

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby

Guest raidermom

Dawna - Coming from a person who adds EXTRA peas, I can't imagine it without! But if I close my eyes and try reeeeeeeeeeally hard, I imagine myself just doubling the mushrooms. I love those even more than the peas.....

HTH

Love,

Cheryl

Thanks Cheryl, I think the mushrooms will work out too. We all love mushrooms. Don't know why I didn't think of that.

BTW, both DS & I LOVE peas, so I will probably add some to each of our dishes.

Hugs,

Dawna

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby

Believe it or not, I have made tuna noodle casserole and used green beans. I usually chop them up so they are smaller pieces and toss them in. My family loves it this way. thumbup.gif

This looks yummy. I think I will try it this week, but I will have to cook it in the oven. Any ideas of what to do different? I will cook it covered, but should I cook the noodles first?

Tam

TBONE<br />*** *** *** ***<br />Do what you say, say what you mean.<br /> The Fix<br />Ya Ya Name<br />Viscountess Quick Rabbit <br /> <br />GW Size 8 Petite, Loosely! <br /><br />My Personal Goal: Lose inches, exercise 3-4 days a week and be HAPPY with who I am!

I usually don't cover mine, so that the top can get all crispy (I do the same with baked ziti, and my poor suffering DH can't understand why I want crunchy noodles...).

I do cook the noodles first, but you should probably not cook them all the way through - cook them until they have a minute or two to go, and they'll soften the rest of the way in the oven.

Calgal

Lifetime 3/22/01 174 (preWW)/166(sw)/131

Trying again after baby #1:

180 (highest pg)/145 (sw as of 7/1)/142 (cw)

Here we go again after baby #2:

182 (highest pg)/145 (current)

Thanks Calgal, I read your response after I cooked it, but I didn't cook the noodles all the way.

This was very good!!! DH and I loved it. I used Ms. Dash instead of parsley. I think next time I will add 1/2 cup of ff sourcream to it.

Thanks raidermom!!!

Tam

TBONE<br />*** *** *** ***<br />Do what you say, say what you mean.<br /> The Fix<br />Ya Ya Name<br />Viscountess Quick Rabbit <br /> <br />GW Size 8 Petite, Loosely! <br /><br />My Personal Goal: Lose inches, exercise 3-4 days a week and be HAPPY with who I am!

Hi Cheryl,

I am making the tuna casserole in my crockpot today and when I look in it seems very dry, not enough liquid. Should the tuna be drained or undrained?

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Tyannah

193/153/130

Guest raidermom

Calgal - when I want to make this quickly, I also cook it in the oven without a lid and precooking the noodles. But I add more liquid to it when I do....otherwise too dry. I roughly use around 3/4 of a soup can of skim milk.

Tyannah - I haven't had a problem with it being dry in the crockpot. Are you cooking it at the lowest setting? If you are and it still appears dry, try adding some skim milk, that should do the trick! And the tuna should be drained. ;)

Raidermom,

Thanks. When I seen it looked pretty dry I added some water. Next time I will add some milk. Overall, it was very good. Thanks for the recipe. thumbup.gif

193/153/130

Dawna, I dont like pease so I just omit them.

also I use spray butter and a few crackers as a crust. would have to check on points of the crackers.

I love tuna cassarole but DH wont eat it . OH WELL! his loss =)