Health Discovery Network
Guest raidermom

Chicken & Dumplings

The way I would "point" this receipe is

4 chicken breasts (12)

2 cans 98% fat free cream of chicken soup (6)

onion (free)

10 oz can of biscuits (10 pts - 1 pt per biscuit)

1 can drained peas (3.5 pts - 3.5 1/2 cup servings in the can)

1 can drained carrots (3.5 pts - same as peas)

35 pts for the whole pot divided by number of servings -

60 lbs Gone! :bcb_grin (10/13/07)

SW 281.2 / CW 220.8 / Goal 159 (10/13/07)

Part II SW 277.2 / CW 267.2 / Goal 169 10lbs gone!

I am definitely going to make this recipe this weekend.

According to Sparkrecipes.com - with 98% ff soup, reduced fat grands biscuits, 16 oz chicken and carrots, the recipe comes out to 5.6 points.

270.7 calories

8 grams of fat

2 grams of fiber

Amanda

CW: ??? GW: 130

I make my Chicken and Dumplings using fat-free tortillas instead of biscuits. I use a brand called "La Banderita," and they're 1 point per tortilla. Here's my recipe:

3 cups cooked, chopped chicken breast

2 cans fat-free, reduced sodium chicken broth

2 cans Healthy Request cream of chicken soup

5 fat-free tortillas, cut into 2" pieces

1/2 tsp. celery salt

salt and pepper to taste

Combine the broth, soup, and chicken in a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Add celery salt, salt, and pepper. While keeping liquid boiling, drop tortillas into liquid one at a time. Reduce heat and simmer 20-30 minutes, until tender.

8 servings; 3 points per serving (per WW Recipe Builder)

Tammy

SW: 198.6

CW: 175.2

GW: 130

This is my journey, and I won't let a little pebble in my pathway become a boulder. I'll just kick it out of the way and keep moving forward! :bcb_march

I made this lastnight and it was good. I added veggies (corn and carrots) and adjusted accordingly.

I cooked my chicken on low for 4 hours and it was very done (so I can't imagine it on high for longer). I added the biscuits and they had to cook for almost an hour, in order to be "done." I turned them up to high, hoping they would cook, and they did. But I was afraid my chicken would get overdone...it didn't.

We will make again, but might add more veggies next time.

*Melissa*

SW- 177

CW- 143 *
Lifetime Member - 8/13/08 - GETTING BACK THERE

"Adding calories to a bad day will not make it any better!!"

Don't know what I did wrong, but I didn't get anywhere near 8 servings at 1 1/2 cup each. Did the serving sizes work out for others?

Guest Christen83

I made this last week and I am hooked! I never imagined I could make a low point Chicken & Dumplins (one of like my favorite dishes ever). I added a bag of frozen veggies to the mix to add bulk and w/ 8 servings it was only 6pts each with the stuff I used (And really I think I've stretched it beyond 8 servings)

Deffinately a repeat!

i was just online looking for what i was going to make next. i had everything this recipie called for so it is in the crockpot now as i am typing this. thank you for posting this. it is quick, inexpensive, and sounds delicious. i made it just like it stated in the original post. i'll let you know tonight now it came.

GOD BLESS,

LISA M

just finished eating this. it was delicious. had 2 servings. i will defenetely have this again.

GOD BLESS,

LISA M

I'm bumping this thread because I'm making this tonight and the points values have changed under the new PointsPlus program. I actually plugged in the weight of my package of chicken. Just for reference, the biscuits listed are the small rolls of regular Pillsbury biscuit dough. Enjoy!

Crock Pot Chicken & Dumplings

Course: main meals

PointsPlus™ Value: 8

Servings: 6

Preparation Time: 5 min

Cooking Time: 300 min

Level of Difficulty: Easy

Ingredients

30 oz uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast

608 gm Campbell's 98% Fat-Free Cream Of Chicken Soup, 2 Cans 1/2 cup(s) onion(s), Finely Chopped

212 gm biscuit, prepared from refrigerated dough, 1 Roll of small Pillsbury Biscuits

Instructions

Place the chicken, soup, and onion in a slow cooker and fill with enough water to cover.

Cover the slow cooker and cook for 5-6 hours on high.

About 30 minutes before serving, tear each biscuit into 3 pieces and cook until dough is no longer raw in the middle.

HW 251.8 SW 237.5 (03/18/13) CW 225.8 (4/15/13) GW 165 (tenative)