Health Discovery Network
hootowl

Easy Creamy Crockpot Chicken

Guest ~Nicole~

I made this tonight for dinner. I got up and Put everything in the Crockpot at 7:25am and When I got home at 4:00pm it was ready. It was very good and filling!! Thank you :):)

I made this for the first time over the weekend. It was SOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!! :crazy: I will be making this a lot! It's a real "comfort food" thing. It's creamy, saucy, and very rich tasting. It made a lot of sauce that was yummy over rice. Did I say I will be making this one a lot?!;) :D

Begin: 2/18/06

SW 296.8 / CW 289.2

Total Loss:7.6

Guest edietwowin

This sounds so good plus I have everything needed except the sour cream. I'll get that tomorrow and make it Friday or Saturday. I can hardly wait.

Edie

Guest mysticboda

Wow! This is my favorite part of this website!... the recipes. I have fabulous food and stay within points. The thing I am struggling with is eating ENOUGH points. With meals like this....... what was I waiting for? Thank you for sharing... you have made my journey much more pleasurable and palatable!

Donna

P.S. Someday I will figure out how to put my weight goals and stuff down. I just joined last Friday....my first WI is this Friday... wish me luck. :headover:

Guest 123Read

How easy! That looks great! Thanks for sharing!

i know i should know this...but i just don't! can anybody help? i want to make this recipe today. how many ounces should each chicken breast weigh? i don't cook with chicken too often! HELP!

I WANT TO MAKE THIS! :)

~~Kim~~

I lost 85 lbs on WW and kept it off for 5 years. Working to get back to goal now.

In most recipes, I've notice that 4 servings call for 1 pound of skinless, boneless chicken breast. That means that each breast is about 4 oz. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

:bcbsalute MT

:salut MT

a18ec6f08b2b3ca.gif

LOVE this recipe! But as usual, I changed it up a little. :embarrass I used a pack of 5 chicken drumsticks (frozen), then added 2 cooked chicken breasts that I had in the fridge during the last hour or so. I added @ 3/4 c water to increase the volume and because the sauce was plenty flavorful. I added only 5 quartered brown muchrooms (I don't like them but DH does), and I used low fat sour cream. With all my variations, I calculated that the sauce came to 4 points for each of 5 servings. We ate it with brown rice and a side of peas; the whole meal was delicious! :p

Darci :wave:

224.2/175/165

Started WW 4/18/05~~60+ pounds gone 11/15/06~~trouble maintaining, back on program 10/14/07

Guest Snuggles720

*SO* excited to try this tonight! I used cream of chicken soup and but no mushrooms... I hope it's good, because it certainly was easy!!!!

Just as a side note, we're all in agreement that it's 7 points per serving?

Guest PheobeEmil

EXCELLENT! Bumping up

A guestion about chicken breasts and the crockpot. I have a crockpot cookbook and 99% of the recipes are for thighs. I expect breast meat to be too lean and dry for a slow cooker. Unless it is cooked bone in. I'd do this with the thigh meat myself. I haven't had much good luck with boneless breasts in a crockpot. I usually just rub on a blackened seasoning rub and "fry"it in a bit of oil for a very few minutes that comes out tender and juicy.

~Nancy in SJ

HW 152

CW 144

GW 138

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend, inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."

www.englishsetterrescue.org

I made this on Monday and was terrific.

Flcountrygirl

SW:176

CW:142

1st GW:150 1/29/07

2nd GW:145 3/19/07

40 pounds GONE, GONE, GONE!!!!

Guest Hailey

Adding this one to my recipe collection, thanks for sharing!

So please let us know the points on this, since I see they were debated...I would run it butI dont have mastercook on my pc right now.

This is super good too without the onion soup mix and use only about 1/2c ff sour cream and it is still very creamy. It saves on sodium and $$ if you just leave it out all together. I add a little onion powder and garlic powder, too. The 4 0z. frozen chicken breast is raw, right? So it's cooked weight would be 3 oz or 3 points.

I dont have mastercook, but I count the total points per serving as 5 the way I make it. 3 for the chicken and 2 for the sauce (which is probably actually less for my family since there are 5 of us sharing the sauce).

I would be curious to know an accurate points calculation too.

Guest DelinquentGurl

I've made this and I thought it tasted really good, however I think it was a little strong, so next time I make it I'll only use half the onion soup mix. It was very easy to make though and I loved it.

This sounds great. I just made WW Beef Stroganoff two days ago so I'm ready for another Crockpot dinner.

Grainne

3/16/02- Made WW Lifetime

4'11"...SW 176lbs CW 154 lbs WGW 115

Rejoining weight 11/17 154 lbs

weight.png

I had this last night and it was great! The kids even like it.:bcb_up

Dana

SW 350

CW 313

GW 180

weight.png

And this recipe as written is completely CORE, even served over whole wheat noodles/potatoes/bulgur/brown rice...

Thanks, my family loved it!

Veronica the Pushy Core Zealot

SW 196.2 - 7/3/6

WWGW 146.0 - down 50.2 in 24 weeks!

CW 131 - 65.2 lbs gone FOREVER!

Lifetime - 2/12/7

My Chart Before & After

Simul justus et peccator

Have to bump this up. I made it tonight and it was totally delish.

‎"If you really want something, you'll find a way; if you don't, you'll find an excuse." - Unknown