Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
head2heart

Need some expert help please

Hi all- I read here that many of you have the Rival smart pot. I went out and got the oval 6qt one. I was disapointed because both times I have used it, it seemed to cook at a very high temp. on low it was litterally boiling the food and really it ruined some pork chops. (dry as saw dust) So my question is... Is this a fluke should i JUST EXCHANGE it for the same one or try another brand. do yours have a nice temperature range? Thanks for any help you can give me on this.

Hi Mary, I don't know about the Rival Smart Pot, but I have the oval Rival Slow Cooker and I love it! It sounds like yours is defective, but I'll let you here from someone who might have one. If you do exchange it the one I have is great. I use it at least 3 times a week. wave.gif

Hugs, Rhonda<br /><br />"Plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisors they succeed" Proverbs l5:22<br /><br /> 5'5"<br /> WWSW-190<br /> CW-174<br /> WWGW-150<br /> PGW-145<br /><br />NEVER GIVE UP! NEVER SURRENDER!<br />GALAXY QUEST

I've got the SmartPot and have never had it boil on low. I think you have a defective one! I love mine and use it at least once a week.

Ditto!

I'd say return it for another one.

I had bad luck with Rival roaster ovens - had to return 2 before I got one that worked right - 3rd times' the charm on that one... And I swore I'd never buy another Rival product.

Alas, I WANTED that SmartPot oval 6 quart crockpot, bought it, and LOVE it.

On low, it will finally (after hours of cooking) show some bubbles at the top, but it never boils.

Get another one and try it again! And don't bother writing to Rival, I sent an email AND a snail mail about the roaster ovens and never got ANY response..... :rolleyes:

Char

Hi there,

My crockpot is a Rival and it will simmer gently on high. It never boils the food. I would take that one back.

Take care of you,

Deedle kiss.gif

HW 260<br />SWW 8/2/03 248<br />CW 220<br />GW 150<br />~*~*~*~*~<br />People who consistently win have a clear and thoughtful strategy.They know what they need to do and when they need to do it.They write it down so they stay on course, and avoid any alternative that does not get them closer to the finish line.Dr.Phil