Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
TexasMom

Beef Brisket recipe, anyone?

I'm looking for a good beef brisket recipe that I can do in the crockpot instead of slow-cooked on the grill... I'm thinking that something like the cola chicken would work, maybe adding liquid smoke, dry onion soup mix, etc. (or even chipoltle Tobasco sauce?)

I'm not one that likes to experiment, because I have a family of picky eaters... Any suggestions?

You are what you eat!<br /><br />*********************************

Hi there!

I dont know how many points it is, but here is my recipe.

I put the beef brisket in the crock pot. I throw on a couple of bay leaves. I tuck some chopped carrots and onions (large pieces) on one side of the brisket and chopped potatoes and onions (large pieces) on the other. If you like you can throw on a can of diced tomatoes too. You could replace the carrots and potatoes for a more low point vegie, however, you will have to add most non-root vegies later in the cooking so that you dont over cook them. Turn the crockpot on low and let it cook all day. Not really sure how many hours it takes, around 5 I think. Its not really a recipe I guess just something I do sometimes with brisket. Hope it helps.

Take care of you,

Deedle kiss.gif

HW 260<br />SWW 8/2/03 248<br />CW 220<br />GW 150<br />~*~*~*~*~<br />People who consistently win have a clear and thoughtful strategy.They know what they need to do and when they need to do it.They write it down so they stay on course, and avoid any alternative that does not get them closer to the finish line.Dr.Phil

I make Cola Brisket as my standard brisket recipe - it's a big hit with the family. I lay a bed of sliced onions in the bottom of the crockpot before adding the other ingredients. I like it best with BBQ sauce as the tomato product, whereas with chicken I usually use salsa.

Gaining Momentum and losing weight!

This is what I ended up making...

Mix together

1/3 c. dijon mustard

2/3 c. ketchup

1 pkg. dry onion soup mix

fresh ground pepper

paprika (1 teas.?)

1 can Diet coke

Pour over well-trimmed beef brisket and cook on low all day. Slice across the grain and serve.

It came out delicious! Very moist and tender! It was all eaten except for one small slice that our dog was more than grateful for.

CordyC: I'll try it with BBQ sauce next time, instead of the ketchup/mustard mixture. Thanks!

You are what you eat!<br /><br />*********************************

I haven't made this in the crock pot, but I did cook it in a slow oven. It is very simple but good. Salt and pepper brisket, if desired. Pour two cans of Cream of Chicken Soup over brisket (the low fat kind)and cook on low until done. I don't know how long it will take in crock pot, but I imagine it would take at least 8 hours on low or about 5 hours on high, depending on size of brisket. The soup makes a very good flavored gravy when mixed with pan drippings.