Health Discovery Network
Kayleigh6

To Die For Roast

I thought I found this recipe on BCB, but when I did a search I couldn't find it. My apologies for not giving proper credit.

I made this recipe tonight for dinner. It cooked on low for about 6 hours and it was awesome! I served it with noodles and a salad. Definitely a keeper!

To Die For Roast

1 pkg ranch dressing mix

1 pkg brown gravy mix

1 pkg Italian dressing mix

1 beef roast

1/2 cup water

Cook on low all day

[ February 06, 2004, 07:21 PM: Message edited by: Kayleigh6 ]

*~LINDA~*

HW 386

SW 330

CW 284.2

GW 174

PW 150's

LOST: 102.2 lbs

5'10"

Guest Loggerlady

This sounds great! Do you know what the points/servings are? If not I'll just calculate them myself. Thanks!

Loggerlady...the servings would depend on the size of your roast. Unfortunetly, I trashed the envelopes before calculating the points. I'll post the points as soon as I have that information.

Do try this one. The 3 envelopes make the most delicious tasting gravy. I thought it sounded rather strange, but the name of this recipe made me try it. I'm so glad I did. It's great!

[ February 07, 2004, 09:48 AM: Message edited by: Kayleigh6 ]

*~LINDA~*

HW 386

SW 330

CW 284.2

GW 174

PW 150's

5'10"

I made this yesterday and it was wonderful. I was sceptical because of the mixture of seasonings that were added to it but they made it very rich and good. It was a little high in points for my taste, beef has become a luxury anymore, but this is a very good recipe.

~~ Lara ~~

The world is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.

Live, Live Live!

weight.png

Guest dachshundtales

this was wonderful! I made it yesterday an the gravy was heaven a little on the salty side but I just upped my water intake for the day! YUM! This is a keeper. Thanks,Donna

Tried this recipe, my family loved it. A very big hit. They ate all of the roast no left overs left.

Thankyou

Alice

Ya Ya Name ~Princess Cackles Like a Chicken~. <br /><br />"One kind word can warm 3 winter months."

I'm glad everyone is enjoying this one. I love it, too!

*~LINDA~*

HW 386

SW 330

CW 284.2

GW 174

PW 150's

5'10"

Great recipe....I am making it today for the 2nd time.

SW 178<br />CW 137<br />GW 134<br /> Reached goal on 9/02. Recommitted 12/30. Goal by 2/16...cruise vacation !<br />If you fail to plan, you plan to fail

I bought all the stuff for this recipe and will be giving it a try tomorrow - sounds really good!

Gina

Gina

5/7

SW 175 07/02

Goal 150 09/2003

Now 155

http://www.picturetrail.com\gina.1

"You have to have confidence in your ability and then be tough enough to follow through." Rosalynn Carter

I just got the ingredients for this and will try it sometime this week. It sounds amazing, I can't wait to try it!:)

I MET MY GOAL!

:kiss:

SW: 208.4

CW: 165

GW: 165

I just made this tonight for dinner,, it was wonderful the meat was so tender and tasty.. I added a little under a cup of water because of people saying it was salty and it was just fine and there was still a gravy.. DH said this was a keeper...Thanks for the recipe a very easy meal to put together

Donna

Have made this before, and it was a huge hit! My two teenage sons absolutely loved it. Haven't made it in a long while, thanks for reminding me of it! ;)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

SW:176 (8/31/04)

GW:144 (1/11/05)

CW:127.5

PG: 125

LIFETIME: 04/05/05

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps." - Confucius

I finally made this and it was great like everyone has said. If any of you have points for this I would appreciate them, as I also threw the packages out already. Oops!

I MET MY GOAL!

:kiss:

SW: 208.4

CW: 165

GW: 165

I made this tonight. I had a house full of company. It was very good. I actually put two big roasts in the crockpot, but still used the same number of seasoning packets. Everyone loved it and it was very tender. Two thumbs up.:)

Mary

Guest Debnicu

I just put this in Mastercook and came up with 7.3 points per serving. I had the roast at 1 pound and serving 4. Hope this helps.

I may try this using chicken breast and changing the gravy mix to chicken gravy. I pointed that out to be 3.6 points per serving.

Guest cgwoolf

I have questions. Did you use an expensive lean roast or will a chuck roast, trimmed of fat be ok? Did you brown the meat first? Do you cut the meat up or put the roast in whole...I am assuming it's whole.

Guest cgwoolf

Oh, one more ??. I don't have any "italian seasoning packet or italian dressing mix" do you think a little italian seasoning spice and oregano would produce same results?

I've got this in the CP this morning and it smells wonderful! I added cut up potatoes and baby carrots and used a "beef chuck top blade roast" (3 oz = 7 pts).

For those that were interested in the calories for the seasoning packets, they are very low. I used -

Good Seasons Italian (8 servings per pkg) - 2.5 g dry mix = 5 c / 0 f

McCormick Brown Gravy Mix (4 servings per pkg) - 1 tbsp dry mix = 20 c / .5 g f

Hidden Valley Original Ranch (16 servings per pkg) - 1.8 g dry mix = 5 c / 0 f

Tiffany - My Pictures

Conceive * Believe * Achieve

Don't give up... don't ever give up

HW234/SW220/CW199.8/GW135

ONEderland - 6/6/05

1st 10% - 6/13

2nd 10% - 11/7

50 lb loss! - 1/30/06

Re-Start - 9/18/07

~ ~ *~ ~ * ~ ~ * ~ ~ * ~ ~ * ~ ~ * ~ ~ * ~ ~

I just came across this post am I sure glad I found it. I have a roast down in the basement freezer that has just been sitting there begging to be cooked. LOL

I am headed to the store 7_18_1.gif to pick up the ing. and will be cooking it tommorow. Thanks

SW-362

CW-327

GW-160

Been having a slight gain for the past 3 weeks:sobbing:

Im still hanging in there

- 35lbs lost forever

Made my first 10% today 5/25/05

~*SARA*~

Today, when I awoke, I suddenly realized that this is the best day of my life

Help I have a question! I'm making this tomorrow and need to know something. Do you only use 1/2 cup water, regardless of how big the roast is? My roast is almost 3 lbs (should it be that big?). Any help would be appreciated because I've never even used a crockpot before :) Thanks!

~Wannabeahottie~ :kiss:

I think you can use considerably more water, if you want to. I used a cup and was very happy with the results. A coworker that I shared the recipe with said she would use a bit more than that the next time, to cut the saltiness. Personally, I don't think 1/2 cup is enough, but you can always taste it near the time you want it done, and add more water if it needs it.

To whomever first shared that recipe: :jump_jack Thanks a bunch! It's SOOOO good! I cut slices of roast, laid them on plain pieces of sourdough, toasted it all slightly, and dipped in the (skimmed) sauce. It was nirvana... so I had the same thing again the next night! :)

Darci :wave:

224.2/175/165

Started WW 4/18/05~~60+ pounds gone 11/15/06~~trouble maintaining, back on program 10/14/07

I did make it today, ended up using about 3/4 of a cup and it was so GOOD! Thank you OP!! I can't wait to tell my mom and everyone at work how my first crockpot experience went..............dbf loved it too! Thanks again!

~Wannabeahottie~ :kiss:

Hottie: WTG! :) You'll be a slowcooker gournet before you know it.

Darci :wave:

224.2/175/165

Started WW 4/18/05~~60+ pounds gone 11/15/06~~trouble maintaining, back on program 10/14/07