1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries

1 cup water

1/2 cup dry mustard

1/4 cup honey

2 Tbs. cider vinegar

1/2 tsp. salt

1 tsp. finely grated orange rind

Preparation:

Boil 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries in water for 1 to 2 minutes until the skins pop. Drain the cranberries, reserving the liquid. Force the cranberries through a strainer to extract the pulp and remove the skins and the seeds. Measure the puree and add reserved liquid to measure 1/4 cup. If you do not have enough, you can add a bit of the cranberries cooking liquid.

Mix 1/2 cup dried mustard with the cranberry puree and mix well. Let it sit for 10 minutes to develop the flavor. Add 1 teaspoon of finely grated orange rind, 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 cup honey blend well. Thin with additional cooking liquid if too thick or thicken with a little extra dry mustard if necessary.

Pack into a clean jar and refrigerate. Full flavor of the mustard will develop in 3 or 4 weeks. The mustard will keep refrigerated up to a year.

Serving: 2/3 cup

Chef's Notes:

To make it easier to add the honey, spray the measuring cup with nonstick spray first, and the honey will slide out more easily.

An equal amount of raspberries can be substituted for the cranberries to make raspberry mustard

---Katie, CEO of Me, Inc & living my new-normal

highest:375(fall '98),5'4"//11-19-08 WW restart:277//current:247//2nd 10%:225//NEXT MINI GOAL:239//goal:150

*He leadeth me.

I bought a jar of this mustard. It was nice for a change.

Ashlee

Be the change that you want to be.