Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
Balie

Holiday Ornaments

This isn't a food recipe, but I thought it might be enjoyed this time of year. I have had my ornaments for over 7 years, and they are still fragrant! Especially after being stored all year.

* Exported from MasterCook *

The Best Christmas Ornaments

Recipe By : Mom

Serving Size : 20 Preparation Time :0:00

Categories : This And That

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method

1 cup cinnamon

2 tablespoons allspice

1 cup applesauce

1/4 cup craft glue

Combine spices and glue. Add the applesauce. Mix well. The dough will be very stiff. Add water or additional cinnamon to form a workable clay mixture. Should be the consistency of play dough. Roll between two sheets of waxed paper until 1/2" thick. Cut out with cookie cutters. Air dry for several days. Adorn with ribbons, paint, etc. If you plan to place these on the tree, you will need to poke a hole in the top with a tooth pick or such, while the dough is still moist. Has a tendency to break if you try it later!

NOTES : You may also roll in a little cinnamon. We cut them in the shapes of gingerbread characters, but any shape will do.

Thanks so much, I've been looking for this for ages and thought I'd never find it. I made them years ago and will now have to wait til next Christmas to make em again.

Although they would be nice just to make and hang around the house just for the wonderful smell they have. Just love the cinnamon smell...

Cheers!

Sandi