Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
CarlaDB

Hershey's Sugar Free Candy

Has anyone else seen the new Hersheys Sugar Free candies??

Oh My God!!!! :eek: :eek:

They are the size of a regular Hershey's miniature. 5 pieces equals 4 points!! You cannot tell the difference. It's well worth it when you get those chocolate cravings.

It is available in Milk Chocolate, Dark Chocolate and Reese's Cups.

Carla<br /><br />Returning WW Lifetimer: OP March 17, 2003 <br />SW-289.2/CW-252.2/GW-159<br /><br />**2003 100LB Challenge**<br />Lbs lost to date: 37

Guest Christym1969

Sounds good I haven't seen them here I will have to keep a eye out for them.

Little story - a patient was just looking through the candy dish on the reception counter. He said, 'Oh, I can't have these, they aren't sugar free.' So I dug some sugarfree candies (hard ones, made with Splenda) out of my desk drawer and offered him some. He looked at the carbs and said, 'Nope, too high! Have you tried the Hershey's Sugarfree yet?' I told him not yet, but that Walgreen's had them on sale, I thought I might go get some to try out. He said that Costco had a square plastic container of them, mixed, for $6 - I said I'd be on the lookout for them!

Well, 20 minutes later, here he comes, with a tub of Hershey's Sugarfree! :eek: How nice is THAT? We have the BEST patients!

Anyway long story short, these are very tasty. In the container was a mix of Milk Choc. with almonds, Reese's, and Special Dark. I tried one of the almond and one Reese's - and could NOT tell the difference between that and regular. Not bad! I counted them at 1 point each for the 2 I ate. I won't usually spend 4 points on candy, but may be tempted by the 5 for 4 points!

I just hope they don't turn into a "red light food" - :rolleyes:

Char

Are these HARD candies? Or chocolate? :eek:

What are they sweetened with?!!

Give me THE SCOOP!! ;) crazy.gif

Carol, A Crazed Chocoholic

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

Have you guys tried the "At Last" chocolate bars made by Carbolite? They're made with Splenda and some have no "bad stuff" in them as far as I can tell--the choc. almond and the choc. mint. They also come in choc. PB and choc. truffle. They are 2, some are 3, points apiece--for a 1 oz. bar! They are DEE-lish-us, and are made with Splenda.

---Katie, CEO of Me, Inc & living my new-normal

highest:375(fall '98),5'4"//11-19-08 WW restart:277//current:247//2nd 10%:225//NEXT MINI GOAL:239//goal:150

*He leadeth me.

I am so glad ya'll found these! I LOVE them! crazy.gif

Charski--You do have great patients! THey must love you!

I have found these at my WalMart. They were at the register areas. Since they are so new I think they are displaying them in the front and haven't quite "filed" them in the candy section yet.

These are chocolate!! I agree they could become a redlight food, but I might have 1 a day and count it as 1 point. I figure it will do well when TOM arrives and so does "the" craving. LOL!!

Carla<br /><br />Returning WW Lifetimer: OP March 17, 2003 <br />SW-289.2/CW-252.2/GW-159<br /><br />**2003 100LB Challenge**<br />Lbs lost to date: 37

These little Hershey bars are also made with Splenda. They are the same as the little Hershey bars you can buy in the bags - you know, the little Mr. Goodbars, Krackels, Special Dark et al. This particular "bucket" had the Special Dark, the Milk Choc. with Almonds, and then the little Reese's Peanut Butter Cups - the two ate I were indistinguishable from the "real thing" - hope that helps ya, Carol, you NEED to find these! Do you have Walgreen's up there? They had an ad in our Sunday paper, two bags of these things for $5 - and from the ad it looked as if the bags had ONE flavor in them.

YUM YUM!

Char

WOW! I have to find these. There aren't any Walgreens where I live. Do you think Walmart carries them? I may have to join Costco!

Charski--You really do have great patients.

Guest ClaremoreZebraBandMom0407

My sister asked the clerk at Drug Warehouse if they were going to get the sugarfree Hersheys. She said "we have them now, but we haven't put them on the shelf yet, we didn't think they'd sell to good" my sister said "get them out here, I'll buy some".

I'll have to stop off at the store and pick some up.

No Walgreens. sobbing.gif

But I'll keep my eyes open!

:D Carol

YUM! I tried them! Loved the "turtles"! I think these would be red light for me, not keeping them in the house. smile.gif

TRY EM!

Ooh, I'm glad to read this! I was wondering how they would taste... I looked for them today at Target, but no luck.

I have a feeling though that this will turn into a red-light food. I'll probably have to package them up into individual servings and freeze 'em. :rolleyes:

nan

Just wanted to point out that these aren't amazingly lower-points than the "regular" versions of these candies. 5 sugarfree Spec. Dark are 170 calories, vs. 210 calories for 5 regular Spec. Dark. You're saving sugar calories, but the sf version is still fairly high-fat.

FWIW, I think I'll stick to a couple of Dove dark choc. Promises when I need an intense chocolate fix.

Cathy

I saw the ad for sugar free Hershey's on the back on the current WW mag I just bought. I think it's about time they made them sugar free. I don't crave sweets anymore, so on the rare occasion that I do, I think I'll just pick up a regular candy bar and plan for it.

*~LINDA~*

HW 386

SW 330

CW 284.2

GW 174

PW 150's

LOST: 102.2 lbs

5'10"

You are right when you say they are not significantly different in CALORIES from the regular candy of the same size.

HOWEVER - what IS different, is that because they are sweetened with Splenda, they do NOT have any profound effect on your BLOOD SUGAR LEVELS. For me, this means I CAN eat a couple of them and NOT get the "sugar heebie jeebies" that regular sweets seems to give me, causing me the peak/crash syndrome that makes me want to eat MORE MORE MORE of them!

So to each his own, as usual, but I am planning to keep some of these around for those times when I really want some chocolate, but NOT the sugar.

Char

Great post Char, exactly what I was thinking. I keep some splenda sweetened hard candy in a jar in the kitchen. It curbs the sweet tooth without awaking the sugar demon who always wants more, MOre, MORE!

"How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives"...Annie Dillard<br /><br />190/141/143.5/135<br />sw/wwg/cw/pg 5'3"<br /><br />SD 9-17-02/LT 7-22-03

OMG,OMG, did I read right. SF reese PB cups and turtles. crazy.gif

I think I've died and gone to heaven. :D

Sounds like these might trigger a red light for me. ;)

highest wt-165/SW-159/CW-141/GW-123

MADE LIFETIME 5/29/03!

Don't put off tomorrow what you can do today! ;)

Ya Ya name: Empress Singing Creek

President's Challenge: earned Bronze Award 7/1/05Silver Award 11/11/05

YIPPEE!:exercise2 83% towards Gold award

My WalMart has quite a selection of sugar-free candy. When I tried doing a restricted-carb diet last year, I was eating one of the Atkins Endulge bars as my evening snack. They are less sweet than regular chocolate and smaller than standard bars as well. I also tried Carbolite, Delite (?) and some other stuff.

Now I only eat chocolate if someone has a dish of Hershey Kisses or whatever on their desk. I'll take one. But if I crave it, I'll probably do the s/f.

There are many paths up the mountain but if we keep climbing we'll all reach the summit.

I finally found these at my local grocery store :D

They had the dark chocolate and hershey's with almond. I got a bag of each.

I have been having 1 counted as 1 point for my dessert in the evening.

I cant wait for the store to get the Reese's peanut butter cups in. crazy.gif

They dont set me off on carb cravings like the regular ones do so i'll be getting these on a regular basis now for my treat.

A Journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

Enough is as good as a fest.

http://www.todayshealthylifestyle.com (my website)

Found these a couple of days ago at the Super Walmart by me...and they are very good...good to have around for a slight chocolate (I'm a big DARK CHOC person)indulgence when TOM is lurking!! :D

Robyn

Char...you really DO have great patients!

O ne<br />U nplanned<br />C hoice<br />H urts<br /><br />Pre WW Loss 12 lbs<br />WW Start 11/11/02<br />WW loss to date 65.2 lbs<br />Loss this week -0.4 lbs<br />Total loss to date 77.2 lbs

I saw the sugar-free Reeces at Walmart last week, dutifully read the label, and ALMOST bought a package...

Chocolate usually isn't a big craving for me. (Do you know anyone else that has had a gift box of Ghirradelli choc. in the refrigerator for more than a year?? and pre-WW?) But, Reeces? That's my weakness! My kids buy them for me for special treats! So... why didn't I try them? If they REALLY taste like Reeces, I'd probably eat the whole bag in one sitting!

You are what you eat!<br /><br />*********************************

Guest SharingOurFaith

Thank you Char. I know this sounds dumb but I didn't know about the "profound effect on your blood sugar levels" that sugar causes...I did know that everytime I ate high sugar foods that I would just about go crazy wanting more. There simply was no keeping ice cream or candy in the house cause I would eventually eat it all. I thought I was just being self distructive. What you said bears repeating:

"HOWEVER - what IS different, is that because they are sweetened with Splenda, they do NOT have any profound effect on your BLOOD SUGAR LEVELS. For me, this means I CAN eat a couple of them and NOT get the "sugar heebie jeebies" that regular sweets seems to give me, causing me the peak/crash syndrome that makes me want to eat MORE MORE MORE of them!"

Thanks again...it makes perfect sense to me know!

:rolleyes:

Hey, Buddies!

I just bought some of the DARK Hershey's at Safeway's Grand Opening here! And I just ate one...

OMG...It was wonderful!! :D

I can't usually eat chocolate "in moderation" tongue.gif . But I'm thinking, because of Char's explanation, I might be able to do JUST that, now...!! thumbup.gif

I loved the way the Splenda was sweet while eating, and it was over when the piece was gone! I never ever thought I would be able to have chocolate in the house without it's calling-my-name :rolleyes: I think Splenda just might shush it up! ;) tongue.gif

I'll let you know~ Time will tell. wave.gif

Carol

Guest shannon35

I am going to have to try these. I almost got them at the store the other night, but wasn't sure...now I am!

Thanks for sharing!

Shannon