Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
Ginaki

One Point Bagels

On Dotti's Web Site there has been some discussion about a good tasting one point full sized bagel that I thought I would share with by BCB friends. They are pricey - $3.60 a bag and $14 shipping - have to buy a minimum of 6 bags.

There are six bagels in each bag.

www.westernbagel.com

Lifetimer since April 2001

195/135/150WW

Ginaki, I ordered some of these and they are GREAT!! I'm trying to get a local store here that carries "regular" Western Bagels order the "Alternative Bagel" which is the 1 point one they make. Wish me luck! smile.gif

---Katie, CEO of Me, Inc & living my new-normal

highest:375(fall '98),5'4"//11-19-08 WW restart:277//current:247//2nd 10%:225//NEXT MINI GOAL:239//goal:150

*He leadeth me.

Oh, I didn't know that they sold them outside of California! I'm printing this out and bringing it to my grocery store to see if they can order them for me. :D

Jessica (in Seattle)

5'6"

HW: 204.4

CW: 165.6

WWG: 148

PG: 135

Getting back to goal

Those look terrific.

I wish we could get them in the mid-west.

But sheesh they are pricey to ship. ugh.gif

SUE

Lifetime #1: 11/26/02 (230/150)

Restart 3/31/09

222.6/210.8/160 (-11.8 - 1st 5% lost)

These bagels are GREAT! Thanks to the product reviews here on BCB because I went right to the website and ordered the 6 bags! I brought a whole bag into work and the girls that are OP are so excited! These are great..look forword to more products that are low in points!

This was my first signature a couple years ago!

SW 185.2<br />CW 153.0<br />Per. Goal 140<br />WW Goal 153<br />32bs. never to see again!

Second Time: SW 196.0

5.15.06=-1.4

5.22.06=-2.4

5.30.06=-0.2

6.7.06=-1.0

1st month=-5/191.0

I ordered 3 of the wheat and 3 of the onion. I am a true bagel lover and these are an ok substitute for the real thing. Not chewy and remind me more of low point bread than a bagel, but for 1 point they are ok in my book. I do find them a bit pricey and don't know whether I'll order again or go back to budgeting for 1/2 a real bagel.

Remember, we're all in this together...I'm pulling for you!

Red Green

~~~

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak Kindly. Leave the rest to God

~~~

-30!

I found the white and cinnamon bagels at O'Malia's Grocery (formerly Mr. D's) in the Indianapolis, Indiana area. They were $3.59 a package, much cheaper than paying shipping! I did enjoy them and will buy them again.

Guest rockmom63

I have tried them using the Laughing Cow lite cheese spread and that is a great 2 point snack! Nothing beats a true chewy bagel especially the Aggio cheese ones but if you close your eyes - use your imagination you are almost there. wave.gif

I can't seem to get my gocery store to move on ordering these. :mad I think I may break down and get some myself. I just didn't want to pay that shipping. Sigh. But if I don't eat a bagel soon, someone may get hurt.

Jessica (in Seattle)

5'6"

HW: 204.4

CW: 165.6

WWG: 148

PG: 135

Getting back to goal

Jessica, I'm not sure if they have these in Seattle, but I just saw some Pepperidge Farm small bagels that are 1 point each. I think they are a little bigger than the other "mini" bagels I've seen. The only ones that were 1 point were the cinnamon raisin and the blueberry. Maybe it could give you a "fix". :D

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

Western Bagels are wonderful, and worth what it costs to get them in my opinion! But I spoke with a man at Western Bagel who told me they are in the process of trying to go national, and we could help by asking for them at our local grocery stores. I would love to see them at our local stores here!

Marty<br />SW 269.6\CW 185.2<br />Total lost: 84.4