Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
Guest jmjgtodd

Microwave popcorn popper?

Guest jmjgtodd

Just curious if anyone has had any luck with a popcorn popper/bowl that you use in the microwave with plain unpopped popcorn kernels and no oil or butter?

Hi-

We bought one of these a long time ago. We just started using it again. I really like it. I have always liked salted and barely buttered popcorn. These are nice because you can make your popcorn any way you want it. I also like parmesan cheese on top of mine too. So I highly recomend these! :D Sorry I keep dribbling on! amber

Weigh to go guys! amber

I looooooooove mine! I got it from WalMart about 5 or so years ago for $5 and have been using it to death. It's just a white, heavy plastic bowl with a vented lid. I throw in the kernels, set the microwave for 3.5 minutes and have a HUGE bowl of popcorn! YUMMMY tongue.gif I love making popcorn this way because I don't like all the extra salt and butter that's in the microwave stuff - plus the bag of kernels is MUCH cheaper and goes a lot farther than a bag of the microwave stuff. I rate my popcorn bowl 4 thumbup.gif thumbup.gif thumbup.gif thumbup.gif

~ Pam ~

homeschooling mom to 3 girls

"It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not." James Gordon, M.D.

weight.png

I'm going to have to dig mine out from WAAAAAAY back in the cabinet. :D I've had it for ages. I don't know why I don't use it and I'd love to have more control over what goes in my popcorn. Thanks for bringing it up to remind me.

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

Mine is about 10 years old and I still use it. If you can't find one, just use a micowaveable bowl, put plastic wrap over it and poke it with a fork a few times. Works great.

Here is a picture of the one I have. p54146.jpg

Your CA buddySharon/Parklady Life time: 7-24- 01 Lost 42.2 #**********************************"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice." **********************************

I just pulled mine out and dusted it off and made a perfect size 1 point serving of popcorn (33g of kernels) with no added fat or sodium! It was great! I might have to pick one up for the office. Thanks for reminding me that I had it!

Joanne

SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6:bcb_huh:/CW189

Guest jmjgtodd

THanks for all the replies! I broke down and bought a Nordic Ware 3 quart microwave popper from Friedmans online. I also bought some Kernel Seasonings from http://www.nomorenakedpopcorn.com/ . I will let you all know how it works out!

Joni

I bought one at Target, also Nordic Ware brand. Love it!! It is always confusing to me counting Popcorn Points, so this way, I know exactly how to count it!

After mine pops, I spray it with the Parkay fake butter spray and sprinkle with popcorn salt. A friend told me she sprinkles hers with Splenda for that kettle korn taste! :eek:

Guest jmjgtodd

Motivated1 - I'm so glad to hear that you like yours. I agree about the point confusion on the different kinds of popcorn! This will solve that. . . .and another benefit is the cost savings factor! Now I can't wait to get mine so I can try it out!

Guest jmjgtodd

Just thought I'd let you all know that my Nordic Ware microwave popcorn popper arrived and it works great! I figured 3 tablespoons of kernels was 2 points. It popped almost all the kernels. I didn't measure how many cups but it was a good bowlful. I topped it with a few squirts of ICBINB spray and some of my Kernel Seasonings and yuuuuummmmmyyyy!!

Joni