Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
Giselle*sMom

Slim Fast Pasta

I just tried the Slim Fast Shells and Creamy Cheese Sauce and I have to give it a big thumbup.gif

If you crave mac and cheese, then this is the pasta for you. It comes in a 5-pack box (I found it next to the other Slim Fast shakes and bars in the health food aisle) and was $5.85 for the box, so a little over $1.17 per serving. (Edited the price per serving, apparently, I can't do math! odear.gif ) It comes in a plastic package which you split in half, one half has the pasta, the other half has the sauce which is actually a powder much like the traditional mac and cheese.

You tear open the pasta side, pour the pasta in a microwaveable dish, and then, here's the funny part. You take the package that once housed the pasta and you actually fill it up with water. There is a water fill-line inside the package, so it's kind like a little measuring cup built in the package! I thought that was kind of handy!

You nuke the pasta uncovered for 3 minutes, then add the powder cheese sauce and mix it up. It thickens after 1 minute. Let me tell you, this was the tastiest mac and cheese I've had from a box! It was creamier and cheesier and more buttery than regular Kraft Mac and Cheese. And no, I don't work for Slim Fast or anything!

I'm just really excited that I can have my Mac and Cheese again and stay OP! It comes to 5 points for the package, but it is very filling and satisfying. I'm sure you could bulk it up with some zero point veggies if you like. I'm looking forward to trying their other pastas, they have a tomato based one that is only 4 points per serving.

Here's the link if you want to check it out:

Slim Fast Creamy Shells and Cheese

[ October 14, 2003, 04:33 PM: Message edited by: Giselle*sMom ]

Sincerely,

Cat

HW167 / WW140 / CW125

This sounds like a quick yummy meal. I will have to see if I can find some at my local store.

Thanks for sharing!

Tracey

highest weight: 296

Restart WW: 286.2

Current Weight:270

100 Days of Exercise Challenge: 28/100

TOTAL LOSS: 16.2

Great detailed directions, Giselle'sMom! thumbup.gif

The bowls look big on TV, but all I could see was "white" or "orange" pasta... ;)

I think DS might like these, and the numbers look good.

Can you tell if it has any of the trans-fats or hydrogenated-fats on the package details? Thanks! wave.gif

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

Hi Carol,

I just checked the package and it does list partially hydrogenated soybean oil as part of the sauce/powder :(

It still tastes good, though tongue.gif

Sincerely,

Cat

HW167 / WW140 / CW125

I was just wondering, Cat...Thanks! smile.gif

It wouldn't stop me! ;) :D

I did think it looked weird to see Slim-Fast pasta in the "drugstore". But now I'm definitely going to try it~ thumbup.gif bcbsalute.gif

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com :bcb_smile

Guest Eileen7316

Buddies,

This sounds exactly like Kraft's "Easy Mac". But it sounds much more expensive!

I can get the 6 serving package of the Kraft brand at Super Wal-Mart for $1.98 or get the Wal-Mart brand (tastes pretty much the same) for $1.76.

Also, I *think* that the Easy Mac is 4 points per serving - I will check when I get home tonight.

I'm just kinda wondering why Slim-Fast would be selling pasta? Doesn't that seem weird?

Amy,

I'll have to double check on the serving the next time I make this. I like the single serving idea, keeps down the temptation of eating the whole box. I'll keep ya posted.

[ October 14, 2003, 04:35 PM: Message edited by: Giselle*sMom ]

Sincerely,

Cat

HW167 / WW140 / CW125

Well after reading the post on this I looked for it at the store today, and found it and bought some. I had some for lunch, and I have to say that it is very good.

I wish it weren't quite so expensive, but I did really like it.

Tracey

highest weight: 296

Restart WW: 286.2

Current Weight:270

100 Days of Exercise Challenge: 28/100

TOTAL LOSS: 16.2

Guest Eileen7316

Easy Mac is 5 - not 6. I just ran it through the points calculator on my computer.

The serving size is 3/4 cup.

OK,

I had this for lunch today (yum yum) and it measured out to one cup for a serving. Just right, not too much, not too little.

Easy mac sounds like it's SO MUCH cheaper! I will have to give it a try. I noticed on the Slim Fast ones that they have 5g of fiber, so that is part of what gets the points down. Maybe if you add that tasteless/odorless fiber (benefiber) to the easy mac you could get the points down to equal Slim Fast's points, although I know a lot of people think adding fiber is cheating and I could see where they're coming from.

Well, have great OP days everyone wave.gif

Sincerely,

Cat

HW167 / WW140 / CW125

I tried the Alfredo one and I really liked it. It too is 5 points and that is a bargain I think for quick and easy pasta and alfredo sauce.

Becky

"Every moment is an opportunity to succeed."

I just re-figured the Easy Mac points and it is 5 per serving. I wonder how I got that mixed up? Of course, that is good news!

Amy-SAHM of 4

HW: 217

CW: 217

Starting WW's new plan (again for the millionth time) 1/2/12

I tried the rotini, the mac and cheese, and the alfredo. The flavor is good on all of them but after the first bite you notice a sort of powdery film on your teeth. It reminds me of a thin film of that polish the dentist puts on your teeth after he is done cleaning them. It is really strange. I started putting only half of the mix in with the pasta and it isn't as bad but I don't think I would buy this again. Has anyone else noticed the powderiness?

- betina

Is it slim fast that has Rotina and Alfredo as well as the mac??? I would NEVER had tried it if it wasn't mentioned here, but now I think I'll check it out.

~Lisa

HW 209

SW 199

CW 178.0

GW 153.0

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

~Buddha

Now that I'm looking for it, I can't find it anywhere. :(

~Lisa

HW 209

SW 199

CW 178.0

GW 153.0

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

~Buddha

Might want to try Dreamfields instead--it is a lowcarb pasta that tastes just like the real thing--3 pts a serving and delish! at three points you can add any creamy sauce you want--

Ouis

224/212/177/145

hard-corer

There is no "try," there is only "do"~ Yoda