Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
Guest angela the achiever

Soy Slender milk

Guest angela the achiever

This is awesome, and . . . only 1 pt. per cup!!! It's sweetened with Splenda and comes in Vanilla, Chocolate and Cappuccino flavors. I found it first at Trader Joe's, and have since located it at the local grocery store. It's very filling with 3 or 4 grams of fiber per serving depending on the flavor. I'm hooked! I've tried the Vanilla and Chocolate and rate them highly. The Cappuccino is next on my list to try. I'll bet it would be great on ice or heated for a warm beverage.

This is good! I discovered it about a year ago and have been using ever since. I like that its only 1pt per cup. I try to buy it when its on sale.

Its worth every ounce of determination and self-discipline required to make this a lifestyle!

Highest weight:258

Current weight: 158

thumbup.gif The Cappuccino flavor is fantastic!!!

Joanna :headover:

Ya-Ya Name ~Princess Sparrow Hawk ~

Recommitted 2-13-04 ~ Lifetime since 9-11-90

Heaviest weight ~ 135.6 ~ Recommit weight ~ 135.6 (2-13-04)

Current weight ~ 120.9 (8-27-04)

WW goal ~ 105, My goal ~ 99 :goal: (my weight when I made lifetime - I'm 4' 11" tall!!) :D

~~~ "Nothing's forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten." ~~~ Robin of Sherwood

I also agree, have been using for about a year as well. I get it at Kroger. It is really one of the best soy drinks I have tasted, just wish that they offered it in plain instead of just the vanilla, chocolate and cappacino.

made goal at 134 lbs, got pregnant (gained up to 196.5 pounds!), and now have my baby pounds to loose <br /> 169 weight after giving birth/143/130 5'3

I tried to find it while I was shopping in Shoprite and all I could find was Soy Milk. Nothing said " Soy Slender Milk ". I guess I will have to make a trip to Trader Joes and find it there. Does anyone know if you could use it in cereal (the vanilla one)? Or is not meant for that use. I am new to this stuff.

Thanks

Janet :D

[ November 24, 2003, 09:48 AM: Message edited by: JAC1 ]

Joined WW May 5,2003<br />SW: 237<br />CW: 186.8<br />GW: 130 <br />Joined Curves on 8/6/03. Love it!<br /><br />"Always take care of You first".

Guest tinka

I love Soy Slender soy milk. I personally LOVE the vanilla flavor in cereal. You can use it wherever you like. You can make a (milk)shake with it. Yummy!

Tinka

This may sound really wierd :rolleyes: , but try the Cappucino flavor on Fiber One ceral.... It really tastes great!!! thumbup.gif

Must be crazy.gif , but its good.

Joanna :headover:

Ya-Ya Name ~Princess Sparrow Hawk ~

Recommitted 2-13-04 ~ Lifetime since 9-11-90

Heaviest weight ~ 135.6 ~ Recommit weight ~ 135.6 (2-13-04)

Current weight ~ 120.9 (8-27-04)

WW goal ~ 105, My goal ~ 99 :goal: (my weight when I made lifetime - I'm 4' 11" tall!!) :D

~~~ "Nothing's forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten." ~~~ Robin of Sherwood

Thanks Tinka & Joanna.........

I am going to go to Trader Joes and get it. I am excited. It sounds wonderful. I didn't even think of the milkshake thing. Wow. I will use it in my decaff coffee too. I will get the Vanilla and Cappacino one. Thanks so much for your input.

Much appreciated.

Hope everyone has a great OP Thanksgiving cause when you get on the scale at WI time, you WILL

definately love yourself!!

Happy Thanksgiving all bcbsalute.gif

Janet wave.gif

Joined WW May 5,2003<br />SW: 237<br />CW: 186.8<br />GW: 130 <br />Joined Curves on 8/6/03. Love it!<br /><br />"Always take care of You first".

Had to add my thumbs-up rating here. I have wasted so much $ on "healthy" foods that I took one bite/sip of and said "never again", and was concerned about this. The only soy drinks I have tried have been trashed quickly.

This is good stuff! Even plain. I bought the vanilla and it is actually very good. I like the nutrition profile, taste, consistency, everything. Look forward to trying the other flavors and to trying it mixed into other beverages in place of creamer.

Dawna

For those in Southern New England, I found this in Shaws. It is not with the dairy products (refrigerated) but in a carton at room temperature in the whole foods section. I would be sure to ask at your local grocery before you assume they don't carry it.

No I haven't tried it yet!

There are many paths up the mountain but if we keep climbing we'll all reach the summit.

Wanted to say THANK YOU for letting others know about this. I bought some cappucino flavored last week and it is wonderful! Heated it up in the microwave, added some DaVinci French vanilla (or caramel, depending on my mood) and tasted much like those International Foods drinks. For those in the midwest, I found this in the new "Organic" section at Dierberg's.

Thanks again!

[ December 22, 2003, 10:22 AM: Message edited by: tutorgal ]

Tutorgal

Highest pre-WW weight: 270

pre-pregnancy weight: 161

Baby Girl born 3-3-06

Time to start again!

SW 239.0 CW 218.0 GW 150

Do you use this instead of regular milk? I have never tried soy milk but, I am willing to try it. I just wasn't sure if I drink it straight or mixed with something. Does it have the same nutritional value as cows milk? Like calcium and all the other needed things. I don't want to sound stupid, I just didn't know.

------------------<br />Dawn<br />247/165/140<br />The past cannot be changed; the future is still in your power.

Guest tinka

Good question Dawn. Soy Slender is a good source of calcium and other things.

Be sure to look at the labels, because not all soy milk has enough calcium to be considered a source of calcium. It is found on the shelf, not refrigerated. But do serve it very cold.

Enjoy. This is the best I have tasted.

Tinka