Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
quilting lady

"The Alternative Bagel"

The Alternative Bagel is made by the Western Bagel Baking Corp. It is a FF, no sugar, Reduced Carb Bagel. What a great Bagel!!!!! I have had the Roasted Onion and the Cinnamon. Both are excellent. They are pricey but to me they are worth it. I found them in our neighborhood Family Fare (Sparton) Stores. But you can order them from the web site.

http://www.westernbagel.com

Calculates to a high 1 point.

Nutrition Facts for Roasted Onion:

Serving Size 1 bagel

Calories 110

Total fat 0

Sodium 210mg

Total Carbs 25g

Dietary Fiber 7g

Sugars 0g

Protein 6g

Percentage dailey value

Calcium 15%

Iron 8%

You have to have a dream to have a dream come true

272/146

I love the Alternative Bagels. I can't get them around here though so order them online. That is even pricier but they are definitely worth it to me to have a bagel for just 1 point. I have them every morning. :D

Smiles,

Shirley

Smiles, :)<br />Iluvmycalicocat (Shirley)<br />176/116/120<br />Start/current/goal<br />Lifetime 10/24/02<br /><br />"My life is better left to chance I could have missed the pain but I'd have had to miss the dance."

Thanks for the info....I am going to have to check into ordering them. I miss having bagels every morning. But...when I saw that their glycemic index was sooooooo high, I quit eating them. They make me more hungry after a while. They must shoot my blood sugar level up.

Thanks..

[ January 23, 2004, 03:10 PM: Message edited by: Bgnarron ]

Billie/193.0/191/150 (pg) Starting Again...sigh

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

Do or Do Not, there is no Try

I just got my first order of these yesterday and I've tried the onion one. It was soooo good. I can't believe it was only 1 point. I can't wait to try the other flavors.

Sheila

Start Wt. 235.0

Current Wt. 193

LnL- The Alternative Bagels are comparable in size to a Lender's bagel. So, not a bad deal for one point!

Lisa

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~

"How many times must you fall and then get back up before reaching the goal? Do it as many times as it takes." CW

I can't remember when but I contacted Western Bagel and they emailed me that the bagels would be in stores soon.

Success is not a race, be patient.<br />Success leads to success.<br />Success is always a work in progress.<br />Success doesn't come to you--you go to it.<br />Success is a journey, not a destination. Focus on the process.<br />Everyday is a good day to SUCCEED!

Hi Ladies,

I would be very interested to know where I can buy these in CA. Heidi it's very good to see you again. Do you order yours or can you find them here in the Valley? They sound very good with that Laughing Cow Cheese. tongue.gif

Kathy

Over goal and not happy

I just bought two bags of these today at a local grocery store (Publix). They don't keep them with the regular bagels though, so if you don't see them ask!

I haven't tried them yet, but I can't wait!

Candice

Mom to Kayley Elizabeth 1/29/05

I tried the Sweet Wheat and it was fabulous! I heated it up in the microwave for about 25 seconds so that it would be slightly warm--for that "almost" just out of the oven feeling. Not bad for only 1 point!

Candice

Mom to Kayley Elizabeth 1/29/05

Hello everyone,

I have always ordered these great bagels online since the stores in my area don't carry them. But I was recently in Florida, Fort Lauderdale area, and noticed they carry them in Publix and Albertsons. :D

starting weight 247<br />now 160.....never to find those pounds again

Guest KLM

These sound amazing. I absolutely love bagels with peanut butter for breakfast, but had stopped eating them beacause of the high points factor.

:confused: Has anyone heard of them being available in Canada? I live in Ontario, near Toronto. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! :D

KLM

I just want to add my agreement here. These bagels are fantastic. We tried the sweet wheat and roasted onion. Both were incredible. Not "tolerable", not "ok" but fantastic!

Dawna

I found them at the Publix here in South Carolina and yes they are good. I calculated 1.4 points per bagel (Sweet Wheat variety). Yes, I am sort of anal about the half points. I had to pay $2.99 for a bag of 5 bagels. I found them in the bakery department. Give'm a try!

Greetings from South Carolina

Gary

My original goal was 200 lbs as shown in my

I am approaching my new goal. I wish I had known a long time ago it could be this easy!

SW 234

CW 190

GW 180

I just got the sweet wheat and the cinnamon raisin. They are well worth what I paid for them! The wheat are excellent with ham & lf swiss or tuna salad. The cinnamon raisin are great just plain. Living where I do, most of this kind of stuff will never get to our grocery stores, so I just have to bite the bullet and use the internet to order. I wish I didn't have to, but I'm worth it!! :D

Gracie :strong:

Queen Sassy Mouth :p

"Don't EVEN make me come up there!" - Sal :buddysmoo

"Bye-bye, Miss American Pie. Drove my Chevy to the levee but the levee was dry..." - Don McLean, as sung by the Florida Fabbies 2007