Health Discovery Network
Sign in to follow this  
Guest tinka

Cabot Vermont Cheddar Cheese 75% Light

Guest tinka

This is so good and you can get it in Florida!!!!

It comes in a six ounce block and here is the info.

serving size 1 ounce

calories= 60

fat= 2.5 grams

fiber= 0

carb= 1 gram

protein= 9 grams

calcium= 20%

It definitely tastes like real cheddar cheese. It is on sale at Publix right now. It melts well. Try it melted on top of a baked potato!

Hope you like it,

Tinka

I have to echo what Tinka said (good thing I agree w/ her as she is my dm ;) )

This stuff is the best! I too get it on sale and with coupons when I can! It freezes well too although it becomes crumbly which I don't really mind since I often eat it crumbled in an omelette!

I just bought 3(all they had) yesterday and am going to hit another Publix to buy 4 more and use the rest of my coupons :D !

Its worth every ounce of determination and self-discipline required to make this a lifestyle!

Highest weight:258

Current weight: 158

I was just wondering if any of you have tried the Laughing Cow Cheese. I was recommended that one at my WW group. I was curious how it compared.

Thanks! I love cheese, so this would be great to know.

Guest tinka

Laughing cow is good but you really cannot compare it to cheddar cheese. LC is spreadable which is good and in individual servings which I like. If you can, try the light flavored variety.

Tinka

The Cabot Vermont 75% reduced fat cheddar is available in my area at Trader Joe's in random sized blocks.

Donna

SW 310

GOAL 12/4/07

Proud to a Vegan WW.

"Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." Michael Pollan

"Well, it seems to be working for me." Dr Michael Culmer

"Nuts are in hard shells for reasons." Dr John McDougall

"The salad IS the main course." Dr Joel Fuhrman

I love this cheese! It is so good its hard to believe its so low fat. I have it melted on toast, veggie burgers,potatoes,veggies,in egg white omletes,you name it.

I was wondering if 1.5 ounces could count as a milk exchange. It has 90 calories 5 grams of fat 13.5 grams protein 1.5 grams carb 30% daily calcium

"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do"

Kroger's carries it too -- in fact, I've seen both the 50% and the 75% light there. It makes a great mid-afternoon snack with a crisp Fuji apple!

Things I'm Most Looking Forward To:

No more back fat!

More E-N-E-R-G-Y!

Buying stylish, not oversized clothes

Packing smaller clothes

Living long enough to see my grandchildren grow up

Having a stable wardrobe

Ability to handle cravings

The END of binging!

A healthier me!

WWannie, on page 19 of the Getting Started Booklet is lists Calcium-Rich Foods and says whether or not they equal a milk serving. Hard or semi-soft, any type, 1 1/2 oz is calcium rich and counts as a milk serving!! (And, it tastes GR8!)

jj

Success is a journey not a destination!

I use this cheese as my milk serving, since I'm really so bad about getting milk in! But I prefer the 50% over the 75%.. I find it melts really well on my Boca Burgers. ;)

Cheese has always been my weakness, and cheddar especially so. I feel that with this I can have it and it tastes darn good!

elaine from boston

Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.--Yoda

5'3"

SW- 268.4

CW- 245.6

GW - When I get there! :race:

Switched to Core 12/09/07

If you can't find this in your area you can mailorder direct from Cabot Cheese in VT. It is also a great place to visit when touring VT (quite near Ben and Jerry's)!

LOVE cheese - that's been one of the hardest things for me to pull in the reins on!! Thanks -- going to Trader Joe's at lunch!!

Kellie

5'10" SW 243/CW 212/WW 174/PG 160

~~Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain

Does anyone have the recipe for a quiche using this cheese and asiago?

Lilly - My heart rejoices in the Lord; in the Lord my horn is lifted high. I Samuel 2:1